Sign in to follow this  

Boysen powershot

I just did a 50 mile loop after installing a Boysen powershot on my fcr carb. First thing I noticed was how much better it feels on the bottom end.I also did the taffy mod in the past and checked the squirt after I installed the powershot and it was well over 1 sec so I reset it to 1 sec and put the carb on and went for a ride. Slight more pop on decel but nothing a little fine tuning won't take care of.So I must say I was curious if the powershot did anything and my butt dyno says there is a definite improvement on my jetting, not that it was bad before just crisper and really solid from first crack of the throttle to the midrange. :banghead:

I thought installing a Power Now,Boysen Accel. Pump Cover,and taking the intake screen out would get rid of that crack the throttle wide open and it just chokes and dies. :banghead: My carb. doesn't have the adjuster for the accel. pump on it!? A guy I work with has a 2003 Yamaha WR450 and his did the same thing.He called the Yamaha RTA(We work at a dealer) and,he gave him a tech bulletin on different sized diaphragms that can be used to rid this problem.He said he done some testing between a few and got it to work for him.I was going to ask burned but wanted to wait and see if these other mods helped first.

My carb. doesn't have the adjuster for the accel. pump on it!?
Yea you can adjust it via the taffy mod and bending the tabs for when the squirt starts and limiting how long by limiting the arm travel. Do a search for Taffy mod, he really knows carbs I'm not sure what happened to him :banghead:

Here I found the link.http://docta-zaius.freeservers.com/whats_new.html

Yes as of now it is the only bike I own.

I couldn't remember if you had an E/K or S with an fcr from a yamaha/etc.