Sign in to follow this  

idaho riding

anyone like riding Hemmingway, Rabbit, or Silver City? Hemmingway has some fun hillclimbs. Rabbit is fun too. the hotel in Silver City I think is only open for another 2 weeks. it's nice to ride in and get something cold or hot to drink depending on the weather! there is a lot of politic junk going on now. they are wanting to close the town because people aren't obeying the 5mp speed limit. it's mostly the quads that are causing the trouble, but the bikes are being blamed for it!! the owner of the hotel, Jim something has singled out the dirt bikes as being a menace to the town. what a bunch of bull crap!! we ride into Silver City almost every weekend and always obey the laws. all the other bikes up there are obeying as well. but for some reason he lets the quads haul a$$ and never says a word to them. anyway, be careful if you are heading into Silver City. this guy all but pushes you off your bike.

We had some problems up at the Little Pend Oreille in NE Washington area similar to that. A couple bought the Beaver Lodge about 5 years ago, the only gas station/store/restaurant/cabins accesible by the trail system and they made it clear that they didn't like dirtbikers.

We made it a point to stop in on our dirtbikes every chance we got to eat, buy gas and miscellaneous stuff. We also made it a point to let them know that we were the ones clearing the trails and maintaining the trails. In the past couple of years, I think they figured it out because they've been downright friendly to us.

Rode into Silver City on Saturday. The guy that cussed us out the weekend before, wouldn't even look me in the eyes!!! Some of the other residents must have said something to him. Stupid jerk. I don't understand why people hate dirtbikers so much. We're not the ones ripping the trails up!! Anyways, we will see what next year brings. Not sure if they will be able to shut Silver City down to dirtbikers or not. Time will tell!