Sign in to follow this  

supermoto tires.

i think i want a set of supermoto wheels. i have couple of ideas on wheelsets but just not sure about tires. i'm not going to race but i want good grip, long wear and ride in any condition.i have a 2000 "S".

Try pirelli scorpion sync's.... They get pretty rave reviews from the mags on the Buell CityX... Otherwise the Dunlop 208's that come on the stock SM I guess are pretty good... Rode on some on my buddies CBR600, not bad when warm, on a lighter bike they should last alot longer. Handled rain pretty well.

Also try the Continental ContiForce SM. Sometimes they are hard to find but there have been nothing but good marks that I have heard.

Also try the Continental ContiForce SM. Sometimes they are hard to find but there have been nothing but good marks that I have heard.

those continental tires look good but do you think they would be good in the rain too.

Try pirelli scorpion sync's.... They get pretty rave reviews from the mags on the Buell CityX... Otherwise the Dunlop 208's that come on the stock SM I guess are pretty good... Rode on some on my buddies CBR600, not bad when warm, on a lighter bike they should last alot longer. Handled rain pretty well.

can i use the pirellis witht tubes?

I still like my Metzeler Sportec M1's. They heat up quickly, are predicatable, good in the rain, etc. :banghead:

what size width tire do i use for a 4.25 rim size, my friend has 160s on a 5" rim.

Whatever you buy sell me your stock rear wheel and use the money to help buy your SM wheels...I NEED A REAR (in good condition) :banghead: ...

Whatever you buy sell me your stock rear wheel and use the money to help buy your SM wheels...I NEED A REAR (in good condition) :banghead: ...

i would but i'm trying to keep them, i still need to go offroading. :banghead:

those continental tires look good but do you think they would be good in the rain too.

I have the Continentals on my converted E. The seem to work really well in the dry pravement. I have noticed the rear slipping a bit on wet pavement if I really apply the brakes hard.

I haven't had too many problems doing the stoppies with them on the dry pavement and I've had the bike up to 60 plus MPH of gravel roads and don't feel uncomfortable.

I am running the 150 on back on a 4.25 rim.

Al E

I have the Continentals on my converted E. The seem to work really well in the dry pravement. I have noticed the rear slipping a bit on wet pavement if I really apply the brakes hard.

I haven't had too many problems doing the stoppies with them on the dry pavement and I've had the bike up to 60 plus MPH of gravel roads and don't feel uncomfortable.

I am running the 150 on back on a 4.25 rim.

Al E

do you have a 120 on th front rim, and is the front a 3.5

do you have a 120 on th front rim, and is the front a 3.5

Yes 120 on the front with the 3.5 rim.

Al

anyone thught about perelli diablos? they seem comparable to the power buy better in the wet.

Hi has anyone used Maxxis Goldspeed tyres on bike that spends a lot of time one the road? It's a sxc625 that I have just bought some moto rims for.