Did I buy the wrong bike? CRF 70

I have a 9 year old girl who has been ridding for 4 years. She started on a PW 50 and last year became to big so we went to a CRF 70. She is now at a point where she wants some more power. I see I can buy a pipe and open the airbox but when I call 2 aftermarket suppliers the suggested I should have bought a KLX 110 (I believe it is called) because I can do a lot more with that bike as far as aftermarket. She rides trails and some tracks. Should I make a switch? Thanks

Your wrong. You can do a lot more with a 110 than you can with a CRF70, just visit BBR.

I personally have a tricked out klx110 and I lend it to friends kids all the time to race.

Turned it into a 4 speed, and can make it a clutch or non clutch in less than 30 minutes.

Full BBR rear suspension and Marzochi front forks with disk brakes, pipe, etc.

Not only that, I can race it in pit bike races and it flat hauls!

Don't get caught up in the HONDA only thing and be open to other options.

Just so all the honda nuts don't pounce, I have owned and raced the 04 and 05 CRF450 that last 2 years

There are a couple more options out there for the 110's yes, but dont put words in my mouth and make it look like I said you have to have a Honda or nothing. I just simply said that you can do alot more to a 70 than what most think and the 70 when really done up right, will actually whip a klx110's ass, dont believe me, read the latest Minimoto magazine and the article on the Reeg CRF70 nicknamed "The 110 Killer".

Have you seen Pastran'a super motard and tricked out mini's.....Yuo 110's

If you are goiong to spend all the money to try and make a 100 killer, just spend it onn the 110 and make a 230 killer.

Sheesh, 110cc vs 70cc...come on do the math.

I like your thinking.

• 2 weeks later...

Everybody zip up thier pants and put the measuring sticks away.

He isn't looking for a mini to race. He is looking for a bike for his 9yr old to run and have a good time. My son is on a 70. He has been on it for a couple of years (he is 9 now) and is getting ready to move on to something bigger by next summer. There is a difference between building something for a kid to go faster on the trails and woods, than building something that a 140lb + rider is going to bang at the track. I would gut the pipe and airbox and regear. It will shock you the difference that will make. The regearing alone made a huge differnece. All my son wanted was "quicker" acceleration out of the hole and that did it. Don't get caught up in the racer crap on here for your kids.