250f vs 450

Glad to see you graduating to a dirtbike. IMO, you pick up a used 250 learn to master riding it first and then move up to a larger bike like a 450. Jumping on a large bike, if you are a beginner, can be very hazardous to you and others on the trail. Initially, riding a kwad takes no skill, that is why so many people get hurt on them. Although I have seen some guys who can really ride the 4-wheelers. I have kwads for my girls, I ride bikes, 450 and a 525. But I did get a Suzuki 110 for my youngest, she is making the adjustment from kwad to dirtbike quit nicely.

any one else

i only ride trails and do some smaller jumps

If thats all you do for now then a 250f or 450f is still to much bike for you, meaning you will just waste money on to much bike when you could buy something like an XR400 that is more reliable and at that skill level you'll still be going the same speed. Unless of course you don't mind wasting money, then you could just ignore what I just said...lol.

i am selling my z400 and am looking at getting a db

i rode a yz250f and i handled it well it felt like it had power however i am not sure if i should just go ahead and buy a 450 instead. I am 14 6'2'' and wiegh 160

Thanks

Are you planning on doing Trail/Enduro or MX?

Id say go for a 450, and id recommend a Yamaha, WR or YZ, both great!

yea i know the 250 smokers an option but i mostly ride tight trails, creeks open fields, backyard mx tracks and i dont know which is better between the 4 and 2 stroke

i always thought 4 strokes where more reliable, or i know 4 stroke quadz are but after reading some of these posts it sounds like the 250 smokers are more reliable are they?

yea i know the 250 smokers an option but i mostly ride tight trails, creeks open fields, backyard mx tracks and i dont know which is better between the 4 and 2 stroke

i always thought 4 strokes where more reliable, or i know 4 stroke quadz are but after reading some of these posts it sounds like the 250 smokers are more reliable are they?

My opinion is to chose a dealer first and bike second. You could buy a bike that everyone recommends but if the dealer is not good to you the experience can be totally ruined. Maybe write back to us with which dealer you like then listen to those riders opinions on the bikes that your chosen dealer sells. I was also wondering why you are so concerned about 2 and 4 stroke reliability? Are you on a tight budget with this bike purchase?

yea im on a limited budget

ive got a guy willing to buy my quad right now for 4200 so i was thinking of buying used. however my bdays coming so maybe i could save a while and buy new. i was wondering abut reliability because i dont want to be replacing valves all the time because i dont have the money.

Dealers around me arent that good i bougt my quad in ohio but it was a long a** haul