Sign in to follow this  

doing without the Troy LEE

I'm thinking of removing my Troy Lee visor while riding on the street tomorrow, Ill be gone for quite a while so I need to know if it good or not?

Does removing the Troy LEE really make a huge difference on the street?

I only noticed it being a problem when I was a 50+ mph. Then the trick is to keep your head down, so you don't catch the air. If you do catch air, just put your head down. You will figure it out. You could always pull the visor off, and stick it in a backpack if it bothers you. :banghead:

rip that thing off if you are driving any distance on the highway, you can always take it with you, just make sure to put the screws back in the helmet or those little holes make a lot of noise

I'm Back, it really did make a substancial difference , I could throw my head around much easier. ONLy thing I missed was the shading the visor provided. I bet rain its better with the viser the visor than without.

so I'm kinda torn between with or without as a permanent choice

Do, what I did.. buy a street helmet. When its 40 degrees and your doing 60 down the freeway you will understand. Defiantly Worth the $$$. I was commuting in 35 degree weather last year. And in the great northwet, that rain hurts. :banghead::banghead:🤣

I did a 1500 mile interstate trip once in 30 degree to 50 degree weather, I wore my troylee visor, Balaclava and doctors mask and it was raining (it was pretty cold and wet) once the temps got down to 32 degrees I had to stop about every 50 miles to try and warm up. I'd just never took the time to try and ride without the troylee but I've heard of people removing it.

I didn't want to remove it and ruin my saturday ride and after last sunday, where I had to ride a flat tire for 15 miles to the house after intially only riding 40 miles, so I was pretty excited to make up for that lack of riding time, and didnt want the lack of the Troy lee to spoil it.

It didn't>G<

I spent the last 3 weeks riding without the troy lee visor on the street, I really missed the visors sun light deflection. I reinstalled today and don't really see any difference, so it must not have been causing any issue. I was expecting the wind to be really noticable after not wearing it for 3 weeks.

But blocking out that sun is a biggy and the troylee is good for that.