Sign in to follow this  

How far to nearest riding spot?

How long does it take you to drive to your closest riding spot (one way)? What area (city, state) do you live?

1) Backyard

2) Less than 1/2 hour

3) 1/2 hour to 3 hours

4) More than 3 hours (one day)

5) Overnight camping / hotel

Is there anyone who can ride from their backyard? 🤣

:banghead: I've been wondering about somewhere to live where I don't have to drive 2-5 hours one way to ride every time I want to ride. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind occasionally packing up and exploring, just not every time...

Maybe I'm just getting too old and lazy as I have to pack three bikes (my kids and my bike) in my truck. :banghead: I'm thinking if we were within some riding spot without packing up, that would be sweet... Or am I just dreaming?🤣

I live 6 mins away from a friends 80 acre track. 40 mins from Hangtown. 45-60 mins from Mammothbar. 1 hour+ th Forrest Hill.

I can't tell you where the 80 acre track is. I would ride in my yard(5 acres), But my neighbor is a bipolar alcoholic with lots of guns to shoot at me with. I live in Placerville CA. If you ever drive through here, KEEP GOING, DON'T STOP!!!

I'm near Placerville, CA, and my closest riding spot is about 20 minutes away. I can be at a few places in about an hour, and a bunch of places in under 2 hours. :banghead:

How long does it take you to drive to your closest riding spot (one way)? What area (city, state) do you live?

1) Backyard

2) Less than 1/2 hour

3) 1/2 hour to 3 hours

4) More than 3 hours (one day)

5) Overnight camping / hotel

Is there anyone who can ride from their backyard? 🤣

:banghead: I've been wondering about somewhere to live where I don't have to drive 2-5 hours one way to ride every time I want to ride. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind occasionally packing up and exploring, just not every time...

Maybe I'm just getting too old and lazy as I have to pack three bikes (my kids and my bike) in my truck. :banghead: I'm thinking if we were within some riding spot without packing up, that would be sweet... Or am I just dreaming?🤣

where are you from, there has to be something within a hour

It's about 15 minutes to the Bouquet staging area for Rowher Flats. Less than that if I take my dual-sport and hit some of the closer trails. It'll be just a few seconds when I move to SD county and build a track on my property. At least until the neighbors complain.

Kevin

San Jose,CA. 28 minute door to pay desk at Metcalf. Hollister and Carnagie are both 45-to an hour away. Club moto 45 minute away. Clear Creek is 2 hours.

where are you from, there has to be something within a hour

I live in the Camarillo area, so I'm about min 1 1/2 hour drive to Gorman (but lately it's been 2 hours). Don't get me wrong, it's a great place to go and we've had fun going there for the last few months (kids love it!). :banghead: I just wondered out loud if there's somewhere to live where you don't have to pack everything up EVERY time you want to ride (legally anyway). With my kids, it seems like it takes FOREVER to get out the door! 🤣

I've checked out the Piru track, but when Gorman isn't that much further away (1 hour vs 1 1/2 hour) and cheaper and larger, Piru doesn't seem like much of an option for us anyway (especially for my son's 70cc bike). It a great track and all and if it were say 15 minutes away, we'd probably go there a LOT more...

I've read in past posts on local private areas for under 90cc to ride, but we're not well connected with anyone around here, so that's out for us.... :banghead:

:banghead: Postin', Postin', Postin'! 🤣🤣

:busted::busted:

That's what PC's are for! 🤣:banghead::busted:

When you're done with them, they also make great practice targets! :busted::busted:

right out the front yard.got dunes,single track,hills,tracks-just about everything you can imagine.beautiful Trona.if you dont know where that is its 22 miles east of ridgecrest.

I'm in Oceanside. I have about 50 acres I can ride at about 15 minutes away. The *area* is about 50 acres but you can really only stay on the trails and there are basically 3 variation on 1 long loop.

I'm 84 miles from Ocotillo Wells and about (2) hours from the Barstow riding areas.

When we go to Durango, Colorado, I ride right down my in-laws drivway into the Nat'l Forest....can you guess why we are making plans to move there next Summer?

right out the front yard.got dunes,single track,hills,tracks-just about everything you can imagine.beautiful Trona.if you dont know where that is its 22 miles east of ridgecrest.

I always see the Trona turn-off's from the 395 but didn't know there was an actual "town" per se??? Is anything there or do you have to do EVERYTHING in Ridgecrest? :banghead: