Sign in to follow this  

Help!! Friend won't take my word on break in pro.

Ok, so my friend just picked up his new 2006 CRF250R. This is his fourth bike in a year and a half. He just came off a 2005 YZ250, that he thoguht he could handle despite all of my explanations. Turns out he hated it. So his dad bought him a new bike again. He just got it and im afriad its going downhill already. He's already at a dis-advantage with the wet-build from the factory, but he wont listen to me about break it procedure. Im telling him the only way to get it running half decent is to break it in hard, but he wont listen. He's like, well the dealer told me otherwise so im going to listen to him because he's right. Guys can any of you help me out so i can show it to him before its too late? He's like my best friend and I dont want to see him go through another depressed period.

Here's the site that everyone directs the non believers to go to.

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm :banghead:

But who cares anyway, sounds like his dad has bucks. Show him the site and let him make up his own mind. It's not like if he breaks it in the old fashion way that it's gonna hurt the bike. It's just not the BEST way, IMHO.

There's nothing that you can do.You alrready did your part you gave him the info ,it's all up to him.I have been down this road too many times,let it go.

It won't be the end of the world. Just be friends and ride. :banghead:

I didn't beat the snot out of my bike either and it's fine. :banghead:

Broken my new twin piper today, at the MX and rode has hard as I could, that thing has so much power, its great, noticed the gain in low end/throttle response after moto #4.

I dunno, my son broke his in easy, it never burned oil and after 130 plus hours it closed the right intake and when it was pulled apart the piston/cylinder looked great. :banghead:

When my bike was brand new I broke it in easy. It never burned oil. We just rebuilt a bike, put the piston together wet, but broke it in hard, doesnt burn any oil either. From my perspective, there is no difference.

I dunno, my son broke his in easy, it never burned oil and after 130 plus hours it closed the right intake and when it was pulled apart the piston/cylinder looked great. :banghead:

From my perspective, there is no difference.

I have broken engines in both ways and have found no difference. Mr Gadget is right , certainly not the end of the world :banghead:

Well bud if he wants to buy a new cam and bearings let him but dude ring that f--ker out right out the box and change the oil after one hour of riding with a scotts stainless oil filter and twist your right hand the whhoops will be gone faster

When I bought mine ('05), I braked it in the hard way. But I think it was useless since I think the guys at the dealer started it a couple of times (testing I guess). they even maid me start it and idle for a couple of minutes, then they rod it out to the trailer. Now it's burning a bit of oil and I'm looking forward to the piston change to fix that. :banghead: