Sign in to follow this  

2007 motocross bikes

Does anyone know if any of the other dirt bike manufacturers will be switching their 250f's to a dual exhaust like Honda did in 06?

pretty stupid waste of money and longer time to make the system in the factory IMO. My new Dirtbike magazine says "one decibel quieter at idle.... actaully one decibel LOUDER at full race speed." Pretty lame waste of R and D money and testing time. Just a big publicity stunt. First they said "quieter bikes are the wave of the future... then they figured it was no quieter.... it's for better handling." Yeah B.S it's just a stupid failure.

pretty stupid waste of money and longer time to make the system in the factory IMO. My new Dirtbike magazine says "one decibel quieter at idle.... actaully one decibel LOUDER at full race speed." Pretty lame waste of R and D money and testing time. Just a big publicity stunt. First they said "quieter bikes are the wave of the future... then they figured it was no quieter.... it's for better handling." Yeah B.S it's just a stupid failure.

Kinda like how those pesky twin chamber forks were a failure too?

Kinda like how those pesky twin chamber forks were a failure too?

You're going to try to convince me that this stupid dually exhaust which has only slight bearing on the handling, not the sound, even compares to twin chamber forks. pretty :banghead: Seroiusly, read a test man. very slight handling improvement. Zero difference in decibel output. I understand the FMF system is quieter, but that is two full sized pipes.

seriously thumpers are looking like rice burners now with the coffee cans out back. *nod* :banghead:

A patent on two exhaust pipes? Husky and i believe others have done that in the past.

probably not. honda has the patent on it

they have a patent on their design but not dual exhausts on bikes.

redesign and come up with similar exhaust.

thats how honda made their 4 stroke. by knocking off the yzf's.

seriously thumpers are looking like rice burners now with the coffee cans out back. *nod* :banghead:

I agree. that is one thing why i do not like 4 strokes. I hate how big that pipe is stickin out from behind that fender. At least the new crf's are shorter and therefore look better to me. I liked the way the 2 strokes were, you couldn't see much, if any, of the pipe sticking out. Except the massive expansion chamber in the front, but that is sweet looking :banghead:

You're going to try to convince me that this stupid dually exhaust which has only slight bearing on the handling, not the sound, even compares to twin chamber forks. pretty :banghead: Seroiusly, read a test man. very slight handling improvement. Zero difference in decibel output. I understand the FMF system is quieter, but that is two full sized pipes.

Try two much smaller pipes that tuck neatly under the fender. And besides that, this was the release year, look for much improvement to come as they rework it for next year.

I dunno,

single cylinder with dual exhausts????

For the minimal gains it seems very much like a gimmick.

Glad Honda doesn't use that logic on their V-5 GP bike! :banghead:

First they said "quieter bikes are the wave of the future... then they figured it was no quieter.... it's for better handling." Yeah B.S it's just a stupid failure.

False. The new dual-muffler design is quieter, as it needed to be. The AMA tests the sound output of all bikes at 50% of peak horsepower. So, on a 250F peak horsepower is around 10,500 RPM...and its tested by the AMA at around 5,500 RPM. In that range, the dual-muffler design is indeed quiter than a single muffler, and that is exactly how it was designed. It is louder everywher eelse, just not where the AMA tests it.

doubt it..

its prety silly if its only for the AMA sound testing thing

1 pipe sounds like alot less to break

Does anyone know if any of the other dirt bike manufacturers will be switching their 250f's to a dual exhaust like Honda did in 06?

I think it may be a few more years before you start seeing more twin muffler MX bikes. Unless there is alot more intrest and devolpment in the next year or so. :banghead:

i kinda want to see some undertail exhaust :banghead:

I agree, that would be sweet. :banghead:

doubt it..

its prety silly if its only for the AMA sound testing thing

Doubt what? You think I just guessed at that? No, its factual.

Thats the reason. :banghead: