Sign in to follow this  

CRF250X skid plate

What brand skid plate is everyone using on your CRF250X? Are you happy with it, and where can I find one at a good price?

There are some really nice Carbon Fiber skid plates on EBay that usually go around $50.00. They are brand new! A friend of mine in Colorado has one on his 250 X, and I was really impressed with it, so I ordered one for a 450 X that I rode in Colorado this year. Very nice piece, I paid about $65.00 for that one. Here is their link for a CR 125, you might have to contact them for the X, but I know they make it. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Carbon-Fiber-Skid-Plate-for-HONDA-CR125-model-2000-2005_W0QQitemZ4582806402QQcategoryZ10066QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I have a E-line carbon fiber and it won't make it a year :banghead: It is breaking a part and one good hit actually broke through it and dented the frame. Maybe on a MX bike they last but not in the rocks.

Thanks everyone for your help. I will be ordering a Flatland Racing skid plate for my bike. :banghead:

Old-Man

E-line works great. I had one on my KTM 200 and now on my 250X. Great fit and finish. Mike at Afterburnermx is great with service and price when purchasing anything for your bike. Just call and find out, better deals if you call. www.afterburnermx.com--866.339.6969 :banghead:

E-Line does work great as long as there's no rocks. I had one on my 450 and it was trashed after a year.

I've got an E-line skid plate and pipe guard and they are doing well. I ride in the rocks often and hear rocks SMACK! that skid plate all the time. Does it still look pretty? No, but it still functions as a skid plate.

I would also like to add.....

the PEOPLE at E-Line, their customer service SUCKS EGGS.

I have spoken.... :banghead:

Customer service has to be first class for me to deal with a company. If their customer service SUCKS EGGS, they can suck me.

I'm using a W.E.R. Mounted it but haven't ridden/tested it yet. A friend recommended the W.E.R. It has tubular 'ears' to protect the water pump & cases, so it looks lighter & less likely to trap gunk.

After further review...

46828513-M.jpg

Found a pic of the W.E.R. skid plate mounted.

Dont get the carbon fiber ones they suck...AC Racing is pretty good they make them for R's and X's I have the one for the R obviously and its nice..not too expensive either

Devol makes a great skid plate. Looks great, easy to install, built great, and has already saved the engine from alot of damage.

HBM

I'm using a W.E.R. Mounted it but haven't ridden/tested it yet. A friend recommended the W.E.R. It has tubular 'ears' to protect the water pump & cases, so it looks lighter & less likely to trap gunk.

After further review...

46828513-M.jpg

Found a pic of the W.E.R. skid plate mounted.

Is that skid plate on your 250x or is that a 450?

Just asking because I am looking to get one for my 250x and I hadn't seen the WER. I like it alot. WER only has the 450 listed.

Let us know, Thanks!

make sure the one you get covers the front of frame well.aluminum is the strongest,those carbon ones are light and aren't noisy.I run a moose plate but i had to make a extension for the front to keep the mud out.

Is that skid plate on your 250x or is that a 450?

Just asking because I am looking to get one for my 250x and I hadn't seen the WER. I like it alot. WER only has the 450 listed.

Let us know, Thanks!

That's on my 250X. W.E.R. doesn't list a 250X skid plate on their site, but when i called they said they had them. Maybe the same as a 450X?