Sign in to follow this  

so is there really a problem?

after reading that thread of a couple of people's 2006 kx250f blowing up is there really a problem with these bikes? i rode my friends and love the way it feels and i might switch at the last minute from yz250f to kx250f unless there are problems with the engine. i dont want it to blow a month after i bought it so can someone please tell me the truth. thanks alot

2 guys said they blew up a 2006, no pictures though, so some are claiming BS. No one really knows. I know a few people with 2006s that have no problems but they haven't been out long enough to tell. Really just luck of the draw.

ive had my 2006 kxf for about a month now..and ive raced it and used it alot..no problems here..tons of fun on it!..no mechanical failures..i think it BS about there motors blowing unless they revved it way too high for a long period of time..but i still think its bs

i think these guys are a little confused on whats a 4-stroke and 2-stroke...they have heavy wrists and dont wanna shift it seems...the end result? same thing they are describing...kawasaki's problem..i think not

I agree with you on that one. People that have problems with there engines are the people that run the rev limiter all the time. People said that my Honda would have valve problems, but non here. Take care of your bike and ride it like a 4-stroke and it will last for a long time.

I agree. These 4strokes are great bikes. I ride mine in the woods --- very hard -----in the meat of the power and have had no mechanical problems at all.

I personally don't think it's a luck of the draw or random case here.

I belive alot of the problems stem from the indivuals themselves.

Sure ,,,,there will be the occasional failure that was not the fault of the owner.......but I believe it's less common.

Answer me this - - - -

How many people,that are having issues, have installed an aftermarket cdi box to raise the rev limit?

How many people don't jet their bikes to suit weather or track conditions?Valves don't like heat especially due to a lean running engine.

How many people have removed the backfire screen,installed a high flow-low restricting air filter, a full exhaust system and failed to compensate this extra air intake with more fuel??

Or.....how many people constantly ride their bike way out of the torque range and still claim - - the bike just has no top end -- ???

Hmmm....makes ME wonder!!

Joe

From what I hear, these '06 KX250F's are selling like hotcakes. I know when there are that many of them out there, there may be one or two problems. If it wasn't such a new bike, no one would pay attention.

If you are wanting to get a '06 KX250F, just get it! Because they are better than the other '06's and they will probably sell out.

From what I hear, these '06 KX250F's are selling like hotcakes. I know when there are that many of them out there, there may be one or two problems. If it wasn't such a new bike, no one would pay attention.

If you are wanting to get a '06 KX250F, just get it! Because they are better than the other '06's and they will probably sell out.

I was ,and as far as I know I am still,the only one to have one of these amazing bikes in my neck of the woods.

I know that very soon they will be difficult to get once the shoot outs are in the magazines and they start winning at the tracks.

Go for it.!!

Joe

I'm sure there's a problem. And I'm sure my old '04 that ran great for a year before I sold it, and to my knowledge is still going strong, is going to blow any day now🤣

Take good care of the bike and enjoy it. fwiw, I know people who've blown motors on all the brands, and if they were reasonably new, the factories did take care of them. :banghead: But lots more people have ridden the snot out of their bikes w/o a problem. The only guy I know of with an '06 kxf has had no problems, but his jetting is off a bit....not a biggy.

:banghead:🤣

Mark

I have only rode mine a few times but , I never had a problem and I also know an expert who works at the dealer where I got mine and he beats the crap out of his and his is still running strong , and I know him well enough that he would say if they had any problems and they havent heard of any yet. Also they have already sold 23 bikes including the one I have so I would say that just take care of your bike it will last ..

if ya look at the post with the guys from idaho they have all of about 7 to 10 post so sounds like bs no pic's etc... i have my dealer looking for a kxf 250 i sat on the 06 450 kxf very nice looking and every thing looks good as fare as the finshed product i had money on a yami but not any more ....let the good times roll :applause: its my first dirt bike ..... :ride:😛

mxss721 is the horse dead yet?

I friggin hope so. seems like everyday some spode is posting on here that his cousin bubba knows a guy from the other side of the hill that heard from a guy that a KXF blew up.(and he wouldnt lie cause hes a local pro, you know)

mxss721 is the horse dead yet?

I friggin hope so. seems like everyday some spode is posting on here that his cousin bubba knows a guy from the other side of the hill that heard from a guy that a KXF blew up.(and he wouldnt lie cause hes a local pro, you know)

did i say i know someone that blew up a 06 kx250f i just wanted to know if there was any problems with this bike before i spend 6,000+ dollars.

Chill Mike, I wasnt referring to you. I was meaning the other hundred or so guys claiming to have seen blow up KXF's. But guess what? nobody has any pictures. I doubt there is a problem. We have ridden the crap outta our 06 for the last 5 weeks. 2 full tanks each weekend. it's awesome. I'm gonna sell my 05 and get another 06 before they sell out.

Check out the yamaha forum though. i hear there are problems with the 06 yzf 250.

Answer me this - - - -

How many people,that are having issues, have installed an aftermarket cdi box to raise the rev limit?

How many people don't jet their bikes to suit weather or track conditions?Valves don't like heat especially due to a lean running engine.

How many people have removed the backfire screen,installed a high flow-low restricting air filter, a full exhaust system and failed to compensate this extra air intake with more fuel??

Or.....how many people constantly ride their bike way out of the torque range and still claim - - the bike just has no top end -- ???

Hmmm....makes ME wonder!!

Joe

i havent done shat to the jetting on my 06...but something needs to be done... jetting is my weakness

i see post where people say what to change in the jetting and everybody said somethin different...and frankly everyones tips are opinions and i dont take chances with jetting.

i have a kx 250f and bought a pro circuit fuel screw.like all the others im asuming its numbered 1-4 i know the fuel screw is suppose to be like 2 turns out right?if i put the screw in what number should show if im looking at the bike on the left (clutch) side.im having probs figuring it out can anyone shine some light for me ?????

Took my first ride today on my 06 and i was amazed over how strong this bike is. Much stronger than my old 05 and that one had full pc system powerblade and other jetting my 06 only has new jetting. Also like all the detail work on the 06 its a well built bike.

You have to read the whole 06 locked up thread and make up your own mind.

Posts like many of these don't encourage anyone to report problems, since alot of guys are ready to jump on the victims and claim they are abusing the bikes. Same thing happened and still happens with CRF valve issues. Many guys deny there is an issue an blame the riders. Gives honda an excuse not to support their design.

In time it will be clear if we have a few unlucky cases here or a real pattern. If you have an 06 that has been running good...great, tell us and note the hours.

But like with all 250Fs you ignore your valve adjustment at your own risk. They are not always in spec from the factory: this is true on all makes.

Your might want to have your mechanic do the adjusting, but you should learn to check them, which is pretty easy and can be done in 20 mins.

But if you blame the messenger or lecture him, it only shows what a jerk you are.

It's punishment enough to have a blown motor.