Sign in to follow this  

Sx250

I know, Thumpertalk and all, but you guy's know about 2 strokes. Any reason I should be wary of a 04-05 SX250? I found a guy that is selling his for SIXTEEN HUNDRED $$. I already have a 97 YZ250, but it's been giving me trouble, so, for this deal... I think I could trade :banghead: Any reason not to? Thanks for any feedback. (On a different note, anyone have a 97 YZ 250 left radiator? :banghead: )

Heh, the guy said someone gave it to him for a Bday present in June of 05, he's going into the marines.

And, I want to know about the bike, if anyone has any experience. How good is it? The only thing I really know about it is that it's a powerhouse, I think I've heard negative things about the suspension and handleing... any comments?

Very nice scoot. Lots of top flight accessories and awesome hydraulic clutch. Linkageless suspension on rear which is different. The ktooms feel like they're high in the rear to me, but the motor is very sweet. Seems WAY too cheap if you ask me. I'd run the numbers to be safe.

Craigus Maximus

Well, I won't buy it unless I get all the right papers... I thought someone did say something about the handleing and suspension being weird/different/bad

For that price, who knows what could be wrong with it.

Its a good bike though. Motor is good, and fast. Europeans like understeer though, the majority of Americans/Japanese dont. The WP Suspension is weird.

make sure its clean (not stolen )

the ktms arent the best handling bikes but they do have the best motors and are equipped with top of the line stuff

id say go for it !

Aw jeeze.... he said he got it in 2005... didn't mention the actual year of the bike. It's apparently like, a 1990 bike, it looks like crap. Scratch that deal...