Sign in to follow this  

Just brought my 06 home

Well I have it in the garage. It's a Yellow one! Anyways it looks really good. It is sitting side by side with my 04 YZ250F and my 05 450F. It is about a inch shorter at the bars, triple clamps and rear fender (sag has not bee adjusted). Feels very small almost Honda like. Side by side the radiators seems to be real low. Pegs measure the same height off the ground, along with the engine cradle.

I'm going to start putting my parts I ordered a month ago on. Set of Black Excel wheels with 756 tires on it. Wave rotors and ASV levers. I also have wide titanium pegs for it. Also sitting in the garage but not going in for another 10 days is a 290 kit and set of Hotcams. Yes I know I'm taking a chance that they may not fit. More on that later. Bunch of little items to go on.

Anyways I taking all 3 bikes to I5 this week to to test. I will get back with some feedback on side by side comparisions. My other bikes have Enzo suspenders so it may not be totally equal.

Only item I'm disappointed in is the triple clamp not rubber mounting the bars.

In case anyones curious on where my opinions stand, I'm a B class Vet racer. I also race 450 and 250 classes on the appropriate bikes. I prefer desert stuff but through MX in. I have raced around 25 races this last year.

Nice, lets us now about the power mods as you go please :banghead: .

Here are some pics as of now.

http://net.matrixwebs.com/bike/

Just an FYI the wheels widths are the same. The header looks close but I have not tried. The triple clamp is not the same as earlier models. They are farther apart.

Hey sjwr what do you mean by and 01 yz 250f with 04 body work? Did you put seat and gas tank from 04 on there?How much work was it and did it make the bike feel like and 04 thanks Rick

Here are some pics as of now.

http://net.matrixwebs.com/bike/

Just an FYI the wheels widths are the same. The header looks close but I have not tried. The triple clamp is not the same as earlier models. They are farther apart.

Sweet! The yellow looks great with the gold hubs and black wheels....I may do that to my 06 450 limited... :banghead:

QUestion: Is there anything wrong with the clutch, like previous models had their grabby clutch. Iam loking into buying a 06'

The clutch is the same, still grabby. My Honda 05 CRF250 was the same also. Every bike I have ever had, except my 01 (hinson) does that. I have a full Hinson ready for this one also.

More FYI's. Magnetic plugs for the Oil are the same size. Air filter is the same, so Twin airs still works.

Awesome! Thanks for the pics

How about some ride reports?

I will give lap time comparisions this weekend. I'm also going to do some serious desert.

Hey sjwr what do you mean by and 01 yz 250f with 04 body work? Did you put seat and gas tank from 04 on there?How much work was it and did it make the bike feel like and 04 thanks Rick

My real 04 is now gone as is my CRF.

My case was not cheap, but I need a green sticker practice bike. First the tank bolts on with some simple small brackets. The subframe needs some small mods. Then everything else goes on. I also have 04 forks, swingarm, shock, and many other pieces. Almost an entire 04 except the frame.

Around how much does the Hinson cost you. What exactly do you need to buy to get rid of the grabby-ness? :banghead:

looks like someone has ALOT of money thr put into pure eyecandy that dosent make you faster.

nice bike though

nice bike! Those wheels look great.

Im very happy to hear the air filters are the same! I have, i think, 9 of them for my 03

Never said it makes me faster.

I will keep everyone up to date when swapping parts on the motor.

I do race all my bikes. I race 4 races a weekend in different classes. I also race my WR in desert races and go to Baja every year. So it's not like they are sitting around. I race so much I'm worried I'm beating the crap out of them.