Sign in to follow this  

hydraulic clutch for yzf

does anyone recommend these. i race motocross and I'm looking into one right now. are they that much better then the regular clutch? the one I'm looking at is off of a 02 426, would this hook right up to my 03 yz250f? thanks

A former friend of mine had a Magura on his bike. It felt just like mine. I've got the MSR easy pull clutch lever and the YZF400 clutch actuator. My clutch is two finger easy now, just as good as an expensive hydraulic set up for a couple of hundred less. More reliable also.

I have one for my CRF450 and LOVE it. Halfway thru a moto I would have to adjust the stock one, now I never get slack in the cable. Yes on my 03 it helped make the pull easier, but now almost all the new bikes I've seen have excellent clutch pulls. If my 06 has a hard pull (doubt it) or if I get slack I WILL put a hydraulic clutch on.

alright thanks, i still want to know if the hydraulic kit from an 02 426 will work on my 03 250f without having to change the brackets.

Just buy an ASV lever and perch. Uses a different ratio.

I have a hydraulic clutch on my KLX110 and it is harder to pull than my 250F. Just keep the cables lubed.

I hated mine.

That being said I have a practially new Magura Hydro clutch for same.Its the new style one with the Carbon fiber Line and beefed up slave cylinder.Ill let it go for $150 shipped to your do.

I like mine, pull isn't necessarily easier, but it is the same even after hours of abuse.

I guess it all depends on the mc you get. I have a 9.5 that i've used on my yz250 two stroke with an EE clutch lever. It's so light it's like riding a 125. Most of the stock magura 250f's come with a 10.0 which is noticably harder. If you can come across a 9.5 mc try it you'll love it with the enduro engineering lever.

BFS