Sign in to follow this  

GT Today, The Return of Chocolate Cake

Me and BigBob did the trail maintenance thing up at GT today, worked over at Darling Ridge draining and repairing some of the nasty swimming hole ruts and puddles. We worked til about 11:30, then went bavck to Mace Mills to do some riding, and IT WAS GREAT! :banghead:🤣

The rain last night and this morning was just what the doctor ordered, and it brought back that German Chocolate Cake soil condition that we all live for.🤣

I think we had put in almost 30 miles of our favorite trails, and were about to start heading up towards Bald Mountain when BigBob's wolf bike developed a bit of a clutch problem. I thought I was going to get to do the KTM tows a Husky thing, but it seems like it might just be a problem with the clutch's master cylinder or something, and once we got him rolling he was able to ride back to the staging area. Too bad though, BigBob was riding that thing as good as I've ever seen him over on the 5s just before it happened.🤣

Just to top off his frustration about having to cut the ride a bit short because of a mechanical problem, the dude had a flat tire on his truck when we got back after the ride. :banghead:

It was still a great day though, even came up with names for a couple of our new favorite trails, Rincon and Trestles. You'll have to go riding with us to find out which ones they are. :busted:

I'm jealous. I didn't get to ride at all this whole weekend. Looking forward to the 49er Memorial.

Me and BigBob did the trail maintenance thing up at GT today, worked over at Darling Ridge draining and repairing some of the nasty swimming hole ruts and puddles. We worked til about 11:30, then went bavck to Mace Mills to do some riding, and IT WAS GREAT! :banghead:🤣

The rain last night and this morning was just what the doctor ordered, and it brought back that German Chocolate Cake soil condition that we all live for.🤣

I think we had put in almost 30 miles of our favorite trails, and were about to start heading up towards Bald Mountain when BigBob's wolf bike developed a bit of a clutch problem. I thought I was going to get to do the KTM tows a Husky thing, but it seems like it might just be a problem with the clutch's master cylinder or something, and once we got him rolling he was able to ride back to the staging area. Too bad though, BigBob was riding that thing as good as I've ever seen him over on the 5s just before it happened. :busted:

Just to top off his frustration about having to cut the ride a bit short because of a mechanical problem, the dude had a flat tire on his truck when we got back after the ride. :busted:

It was still a great day though, even came up with names for a couple of our new favorite trails, Rincon and Trestles. You'll have to go riding with us to find out which ones they are. :banghead:

Race season is over on the 30th and my bike will once again see dirt, the slicks will get hung up for a few months and the body will heel!🤣

Ya, exercise.... I f*cked up my knee and a bicycle and some laps in the pool are doing wonders. Try and do stuff that gets blood flowing but are low impact on the area. That and lots of fruits and veggies (barley and hopps) :banghead: .

Low Back, kind of hard to exercises that area when it F'ing hurts like HELL. :banghead: Yeah I know that the Stomach strengthening would help, just cannot do anything until back is better.

:banghead: I'm gonna start some intensive barley and hopps ingesting to ward off any type of injury and to fortify myself preemptively right now! :banghead:

:banghead: I'm gonna start some intensive barley and hopps ingesting to ward off any type of injury and to fortify myself preemptively right now! :banghead:

Trust me it will still F'ing hurt no matter how much Barley and Hopps you have ingested.