Sign in to follow this  

CRF230 Snow question

Hey guys!

It hasnt snowed yet, but I have a feeling that pretty soon, when we are riding the mountain trails we are going to run into it.

Have any of you been in the snow with the 230? Did you need to change or and anything to your tire?

Let me know, thanks! :banghead:

I haven't but hopefully it will snow here too, I really want to try it out! I'd say use some good soft terrain/mud tires. I'm sure they will hook up really well, just be careful with the front, it slips out easy.

i went through some snow on the old xr i wouldn't recommend it wen there gets to be banks and the snow is more than 6 inches deep u'll just get stuck and have very long boring ride there is a TT'er who has a tricked out yammie for the snow

i went through some snow on the old xr i wouldn't recommend it wen there gets to be banks and the snow is more than 6 inches deep u'll just get stuck and have very long boring ride there is a TT'er who has a tricked out yammie for the snow

Yah.. I think I saw pix of that.. I wouldn't imagine it would get much deeper then a foot, where we would be riding..

I was just wondering if I needed different tires.. (I still have the stock ones on it)

Thanks... Once you do ride in the snow.. Let me know how it goes :banghead:

Going through snow on a big bike is totally different than with a little bike. With the bigger wheels, more ground clearance you will be able to go through deeper snow without getting stuck and the greater power that the bigger bike has will be a lot easier to power your way through it.

Yah.. I think I saw pix of that.. I wouldn't imagine it would get much deeper then a foot, where we would be riding..

I was just wondering if I needed different tires.. (I still have the stock ones on it)

Thanks... Once you do ride in the snow.. Let me know how it goes :banghead:

Yes, you should get new tires, half worn knobbies will not be as good as a new tire. Like I said before, a good soft terrain/mud tire will work great. Try getting a 110-100-18 if possible, the wider the better.

When I got my bike in winter, of course I had to try it out.It sucks in snow, you get stuck so easily.At that time my tire was almost like new.In winter my bike hits the shed, then I pull out the Ski-doo summit 700!!