Sign in to follow this  

Broken Shift Shaft on '02 YZ250F

Has anyone else run into this? I am told that to replace it I do not need to split the cases but that I have to only open up the clutch side of the bike and disconnect everything and it will slide out. Best place to buy parts? Is the manual available on here in PDF format? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Bill

Thanks Chevy. Looks like it is not too bad of a deal to replace but I will see once I get it open. I may need to get the '02 manual, I don't know if the part numbers are the same or if the assembly/disassembly is the same between model years. Thanks again for the help.

Has anyone else run into this? I am told that to replace it I do not need to split the cases but that I have to only open up the clutch side of the bike and disconnect everything and it will slide out. Best place to buy parts? Is the manual available on here in PDF format? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance, Bill

It's not a difficult job at all. You will need to pull the complete RH engine cover. Remove the shift lever, remove the RH cover, then pull the shaft assembly out from the right side. There is a seal behind the shift lever on the shaft, definately want to put a new one on. Good luck,