Sign in to follow this  

1st Gear won't engauge?

hey guys. i recently tore my crf50 apart due to the 1st & 2nd gear being messed up & not working.. they were striped.

i tore it apart & replaced the main shaft & low range gear. now that it's all back together. it won't engauge into first.

2nd & 3rd work perfectly & there is no griding what so ever. i can click it into 1st & it just rev's, 2nd & 3rd are ridable but not having 1st gear is a real killer.. any suggestions as to what would be causing this?

thanks in advance for any info

tony

when i put my stroker crank in i accidently put in 1st gear in backwards. mine did the same thing, clicked into 1st, but wouldnt engage. so i took it back apart and checked the gear and it was backwards. turned it around and now it engages fine. that could possibly be the problem.

when i put my stroker crank in i accidently put in 1st gear in backwards. mine did the same thing, clicked into 1st, but wouldnt engage. so i took it back apart and checked the gear and it was backwards. turned it around and now it engages fine. that could possibly be the problem.

well i guess i'll tear it down this week & see if thats what it is.. I wouldn't be suprized coz i've never worked on this thing b4.. i could have swore i put it on the same way that the other came off but who knows. i'll check it out. Thanks!