Sign in to follow this  

2006 RMZ 250 is it really new?

why the hell did suzuki just change the graphics of their bike if they knew about the ather big changes that Kawi and honda were making? Im a huge fan of suzuki, but i think it was a bad mistake to do nothing to it. they didnt even put on renthal bars!! i have heard that none of their bikes had major changes so they had to have time to do something.

The 06 RMZ250 gets most of the updates in the engine that the KXF got, except the coil, and the higher compression piston. The KXF and RMZ both received the new head, new cams, tappets and valve spring retainers and collets, different crank halves, some updated gears and shift forks, Also the higher capacity oil pump.

Shurshot how do you know this I haven't seen anything to back it up, I really want to believe it's true.

shurshot if you go to kawasaki.com and to suzuki.com and look at the 06 comparisons between the 250fs, their is nothing to support that the suzuki got anywhere close to the improvements the kawi did. I don't know where you received your information but go to the websites and get it from the horses mouth. The rmz 250 for 06 has new graphics, seat cover and a couple minor tweaks. The kx250f is a brandnew bike period....plastics, seat, suspension, motor and frame.

suzuki 28, I read that due to the kawasaki & Suzuki partnership going south on the big bikes that Suzuki would by & large leave the 06 as a sparkling version of the 05 with minimal upgrades. The magazines report that the rmz250 will not get significant upgrades from Suzuki till 07 and when that happends it will not be a joint effort with Kawasaki but a Suzuki sponsored effort. The rmz250 for 07 it is said will be constructed using the rmz450 as a template. Sounds like a brilliant idea....it seems like the rmz450 doesn't have any disgruntled owners.

Suz459..Cobra427

I know what parts are updated from comparing part numbers. I own a Kawasaki and Suzuki Dealership ! I compare part numbers of each of the new models. Suzuki uses the Kawasaki part numbers, so it's easy to see what changed from 2005 to 2006, and what is the same and or different from KXF to RMZ.

Suzuki didn't change to the higher compression piston in 2006. So the new RM's won't be as likely to have problems. Kawasaki and Pro Circuit had blow up problems when modifying, testing and developing the 2004 model... Too high of compression. We had even more heating problems with high compression on the 2004 models. However the 2005 was better, but race fuel is necessary for good durability.