Sign in to follow this  

Portland area trail riders ?

Hi Everyone.

Im new to TT but not new to ridding. All my ridding friends have packed it in (new kids, jobs, ect) and have left me with very few people to ride with!

I live in West Linn and have a bunch of time this fall to do some trail rides. Im looking for some fun people to ride and adventure around with. All levels welcome.

Thanks

Dave

www.nwlocations.com

Hi Dave...welcome to TT...I live in Beaverton sometimes and have a business in Oregon City... I travel for work and am only in town for sporadic weeks at a time, so finding riding buddies is a challenge for myself also. Can you get away on weekdays at all, even just a 1/2 day?

I will be in town this week...leaving for Reedsport on Oct 23. Let me know if you want to get out this week.

Steve O

Hey-

I am a 'entry level rider' and am looking for someone to ride with in the PDX area. I am also self-employed, so weekdays are best for me, even 1/2 days are great.

Steven

I'm currently in the Newberg area. I know the Browns Camp area like the back of my hand so if anyone wants to head out there sometime, send me a PM. I normally ride with all experience levels so its ok if someone is just starting out.

I also have recently purchased a bike after being out of riding for 20+ years and am looking for riding partners. been to Brown's camp 2x now but would like to ride somewhere new. I am thinking of Jones creek next weekend possibly. let me know if anybody can go out on the weekends as I work bankers hours unfortunately.

Hey

This week monday and wednesday would work for me. Can go all day or half day.

Any one interested?

Diamond mill or hood river area?

Let me know

Dave

I can do Wednesday most of the day, what is Hood River like to ride? As long as it is not to tough (as a newer rider), I'll give it a go.

Steven

Hood River is fun! Wednesday works for me...The only thing is I have a new, used bike and I have not had it out yet, so it will be adventure for sure. I hope not to have any big probs, but you never know. Let me know if you dare to be a part of maiden voyage. I'll try to be as prepared as possible!

The other thing is my range is only about 40 miles.

Wednesday sounds good. The area is not too difficult. Some great open area with views of mt hood and some tight single track. You guys wanta meet at the outlet mall in troutdale around 8am.

Hi Guys! My photo shoot for Wednesday just rescheduled to the next Wednesday (10/26) so I can play hookey too. Don't have a ttr, but a 2003 Kawasaki 220 KDX.

I used to be a good rider before I found fear, a wife and two young'uns. (in the 1970s) Being self employed makes one very cautious. So, if you guys don't mind a 50 year old two stroke rider tagging along, let me know the skinny.

Shooter2

Looks like a few are interested in a trail that is near white salmon. 17 miles one way to a lake in the mt. I have never been there but have heard it is not to tough and crosses many gravel roads(in case of a break down thats good info).

Send me a pm if your interested.

Dave

I live in Vancouver and just picked up a WR450 and haven't met anyone to ride with but I'm always up for a weekend ride. I need to look into upgrading my light so I can do some after work rides as well during the week. So far I've only ridden at Jones Creek, seems like good fun, low difficulty but I'm looking forward to finding some new riding spots as well.

Shane

I live in portland, I ride some trails in the WILDCAT area. Ive been to browns camp a few times. To young to be riding with you guys. but its nice to know theres some riders local.

I live in North Portland, and have been looking for Portland Trail riders for a while with little luck.

I work until 3pm max M-F, and have weekends off. I'm riding an 04 DRZ400S, and have a two bike trailer for carpooling/towing.

I work for Portland's largest Brewery, so the beer is always on me!

Brauhausbier

If you're in search of a riding/racing buddy, you should go to the OMRA website. On their message board is a listing for riding buds and you should post your request there. No sense in riding alone!

www.omra-online.org

-Tom

I've been hesitant to post on this thread since I flaked out on a TT rider last August (sorry I lost your #) but I live in Oregon City and want to explore more out of the Estacada/Colton area. This Sunday I will either ride that area or head up to Rodgers Camp and head SW (I like to stay away from Browns, to many riders)

I like to stay away from Browns, to many riders

This time of year its not bad at all, it seems as soon as it starts raining people tend to stay home.

This time of year its not bad at all, it seems as soon as it starts raining people tend to stay home.

Does it get pretty slick with the rain this time of the year up there? I am looking for a little more open area to gain more confidence in the bike and my skills before I get to the slick stuff. any recommendations? I am looking to go riding on the weekend of 11/5-11/6. anyone interested?