Sign in to follow this  

Fineline Suspension

HAs any one had their bike's suspension tuned at Fineline Suspension in Huntington Beach CA. Is costs 750 to 800 bones to fully tune my DRZ400S. The shop has a good rep. Any thoughts, I weigh approx 260 lbs.

I've heard good things about Fineline, but when I called 'em they gave me the same $800 rap. But the guy on the phone really didn't have anything intelligent to say about what they were going to do.

The DRZ400S (at least the later years) has a pretty good suspension with adjustable compression and rebound damping. I think the average dual sport guy should definitely spend the cash to get the right springs for his weight and riding style and then spend some time dialing in the fork and shock damping.

The springs are going to run you $200 or so if you go to Racetech.com and use their spring rate calculator. You can install springs yourself or the cost to have someone do it is not too much (under $100 I imagine).

So the question is, if I'm a dual sport rider and not a racer, does it really make any sense to spend $800 to have Fineline rework the valving?

So the question is, if I'm a dual sport rider and not a racer, does it really make any sense to spend $800 to have Fineline rework the valving?

only if you want to go faster

I've heard good things about Fineline, but when I called 'em they gave me the same $800 rap. But the guy on the phone really didn't have anything intelligent to say about what they were going to do.

The DRZ400S (at least the later years) has a pretty good suspension with adjustable compression and rebound damping. I think the average dual sport guy should definitely spend the cash to get the right springs for his weight and riding style and then spend some time dialing in the fork and shock damping.

The springs are going to run you $200 or so if you go to Racetech.com and use their spring rate calculator. You can install springs yourself or the cost to have someone do it is not too much (under $100 I imagine).

the R.T spring rate chart is a joke........i punched in 30lbs of weight diff, mx-dez-end, 3 diff abilities and it gave me the same rate front and back for all!

A buddy of mine and a very avid rider (at least 100 days per year). Had his DRZ done by them and he absolutely loved it.