Sign in to follow this  

'05 YZ450F suspension on '05 YZ250F???

The dimensions are the same, there should be slight valving and spring rate differences. I would contact Enzo and ask to speak with Ross, I'm sure he will help you out.

I was stationed in Korea for 2 years

I was there 19 years ago, never had a chance to ride there, but we did a lot of skydiving. Where were you stationed?

Take care, John

Thanks!

I was in 2-9 Infantry up in Camp Casey (Dongducheon.) Over my 2 years I got to spend some time all over the peninsula pulling details everywhere from the DMZ down to Pusan. There was an occasion when we were out in the field on extended training missions where we had some locals out there on their bikes playing. There we were conducting combat missions with Abrams tanks, Bradley IFV's and Apache helicopters scooting around the training area and along comes a group of about 9 bikes and quads playing on the muddy trails. At that time me and a buddy were so homesick for our bikes and lack of riding we considered trading rides in our tracks for some seat time on the bikes. If we had not been actively participating in the training that day, we probably would have.

How's the 450 treating you? Never mind I just read your link.

you have to be a much more aggressive rider on the 450 than you do on the 250. When you go to turn on the 250 you can just sit down and it turns itself, the 450 has to be made to turn. Try doing some drills with turns and look down, if you see any seat at all on the 450 you are way too far back. You really have to body slam the front end on it to make it turn quickly, or you end up man handling it everywhere and end up with arm pump.

If you feel like the acceleration is wearing you out, then you have to grip a lot tighter with your knees and ankles.

you have to ride it differently, but by body slamming the tank in turns (and weighting the outside peg of course) and holding on with your legs instead of your arms will make it perform.

Hey, what's up Phil?

I am crazy about the bike in the woods and on some tracks. I can make it turn fairly well and jump well most of the time. In the woods I can leave most people in the dust as I can open her up and let it all hang out. But I get in trouble with technical tracks as I get out of whack real quick and that tires me out/pumps my arms, then I loose throttle control and it is all done.

I just added an RG3 triple clamp and Pro Tapers and will have a DR. D 8oz Flywheel on tonight. I need to tame and learn to use the power on the track (like you said with holding on better with legs) as that is what hurts me the most. Everyone I let ride her comes back with a dirt eating grin and asks what they need to do to their bikes to make em like mine. The Enzo suspension is that good on it. I had it set up for a 235lb rider and mix of MX and woods and even a 150lb rider said it was AWESOME compared to his bike even when a little stiff.

I am gonna try the flywheel and the quiet insert/tip for the TI-4 or maybe get a stock pipe to try to tame the power before looking at getting a 250F. But I really enjoyed riding Mikes 250F and going more than 1-2 laps and actually coming off the track knowing I could have done another lap. I guess we will see. Later.

Chris

from what you just posted it does sound like the torque is whats doing you in, it is relentless theres no doubt. The flywheel and better gripping with your legs will calm that down in a hurry for you. You can also shave 6 pounds or so off of the bike by going magnesium and titanium. It wiould go a long way in allowing you to throw it around like the 250.

I know what you're saying about the difference between the bikes though. I never could adapt to the 450. wait until you ride a 250 with a rekluse clutch and a bar mounted rear brake lever, you'll wonder why they ever bothered designing the 450. :banghead:

I think the se guys are going to do a ride up at durhamtown in a month or so. I'll let you guys know when if we can make it. I almost forgot, pm me your address. I still have the stock pipe for your bike, I'll send it up to you.