Sign in to follow this  

spark plug

Just renewed sparkplug.I havent got a torque wrench so i just used socket wrench.I just tighten it up very slowly not even all the way.Is this right .

No. You need to tighten firmly.

A new plug feels a little strange because the metal crush washer compresses about 1/4 turn. A loose plug does not transfer heat properly and will carbon up in the threads and seize in the threads. Loose is as bad as over tight. You do not need a torque wrench. Just learn a little "hand feel". I suggest tighten and loosen a few times to get rid of the "crush washer feel", then tighten firmly by feel. If you are using the Suzuki tool kit, it will be hard to overtighten. But some oil on the threads.

Thanks noble mate.I havent replace the tank and stuff yet so i will go back to it tomorrow and tighten it until it stops. :banghead:

Just another thing.I get this mild knocking at low revs in a low gear.it goes the same as the engine speed as i rev up and when i shut off.I know before i brought the bike it was standing for a long time could the gas/petrol be bad.I filled the bike up now and rode yesterday and i dont think the knocking was as bad a it was when i first rode the bike.i should of empted the fuel.could it be piston slap.

Sounds like piston slap to me by the description of it. They have very short skirts,,,,,kind of like cheerleaders :banghead:

Make sure that plug is tight. You have to make sure that that crush washer is compressed all the way. It comes with experience