Sign in to follow this  

New AMA rule.......

AMA four-strokes:

Displacement limit in the 250 class is increased to 350 if the bike is quieter than 96dba.

Displacement limit in the 450 class is increased to 550 if the bike is quieter than 96dba.

What would happen?

AMA four-strokes:

Displacement limit in the 250 class is increased to 350 if the bike is quieter than 96dba.

Displacement limit in the 450 class is increased to 550 if the bike is quieter than 96dba.

What would happen?

What would happen? You'd have 350's running in the 250 class and 550's running in the 450 class :banghead::banghead:

How is this an improvement? A quieter 4 stroke with an even large advantage over 2 strokes!? Make the 4 stroke quieter and bump up the 2 stroke displacement. Then thing might be more interesting.

I hope this is a hypothetical question.

They really are trying to kill the pingers, aren't they.... :banghead:

yea they are and dont forget pingers started motocross

How is this an improvement? A quieter 4 stroke with an even large advantage over 2 strokes!? Make the 4 stroke quieter and bump up the 2 stroke displacement. Then thing might be more interesting.

I hope this is a hypothetical question.

ditto

dammit its the 250 class!!!!!!!!!!! not 450, 250!!!! get rid of the 4 strokes man or make another class pretty soon its gonna be the 250cc class and only have 1, 2 stroke in it we need new classes!

yea they are and dont forget pingers started motocross

You must be very young. 2 strokes didn't start motocross, 4 stroke did. It wasn't until someone discovered the expansion chamber, 2 stroke were nothing more than industrial fan motors. Once they found how to get more power out of the 2 stroke, it began to lay waste to the 4 strokes.

dammit its the 250 class!!!!!!!!!!! not 450, 250!!!! get rid of the 4 strokes man or make another class pretty soon its gonna be the 250cc class and only have 1, 2 stroke in it we need new classes!

New class names next year are "Motocross" and "Light". The motocross class will have 250 2-strokes and 450 4-strokes and the light class will have 125 2-stokes and 250 4-strokes.

You must be very young. 2 strokes didn't start motocross, 4 stroke did. It wasn't until someone discovered the expansion chamber, 2 stroke were nothing more than industrial fan motors. Once they found how to get more power out of the 2 stroke, it began to lay waste to the 4 strokes.

yea i am

i think the AMA is disapointed with the 144 rule and they are trying to counter it for some reason

it should be a separate class

New class names next year are "Motocross" and "Light". The motocross class will have 250 2-strokes and 450 4-strokes and the light class will have 125 2-stokes and 250 4-strokes.

Actually it's "Lites" not "light".

Didn't we have a four stroke national series? :banghead:

Who's brilliant marketing scheme was motocross and diet motocross, er, I mean motocross lights?🤣

so now we have to make our new generation motocrossers go from 50 two stroke to 65 two stroke and learn how to clutch. Then once they get that, we bump them up to eighty 2 strokes. After that its 250 four strokes......I had a hard time transitioning from 2 to 4 strokes. Engine braking caused me grief for months. :busted:

I'm not sure what the answer is, but............. :busted::banghead::busted::busted::busted::crazy:🤣🤣

I dont think this guy is actually serious. He's probably just asking hypothetical question. (a completely pointless one at that) Some of you guys are way too gullible.

AMA four-strokes:

What would happen?

i think your right clone he is asking what would happen, where is the proof to this statement, id like to see it on lets say the AMA website. i think its a hypothetical question

AMA four-strokes:

What would happen?

There is no reason to boost the displacement up to 350 and 550, it would force the manufactures to redesign both bikes. :banghead:

96 db for amature racing is coming. The Pros will stay at 101-102 for a while, but may get dropped to 96 db eventually. Expect muffler technology to get a lot better in the next few years. No longer will a muffler that is louder and lighter because there are less noise reducing baffles inside.

AMA Flattrack went from straight pipes to mufflers. The bikes are as fast as ever.