Sign in to follow this  

Michigan Upper Peninsula info

my dad lives in the U.P. want to go there and see him and hit up the trials with my bike...i havent been there in years but im sure all of the old railroad grades are still open and have trials around.

Question is...is it hunting season there right now? If so what season and are the hunters/DNR pretty strict about riding during hunting season, or will it piss a lot of people off or whats up?

As far hunting goes: Archery deer season, small game are open. You can ride during these hunts. There are restrictions dureing the firearm deer season. I think you can only ride from 11:00 to 1:00 . I"m not sure but someone will chime in with the right info.

I like riding the u.p. to.Its ok till gun season opens.

As long as you stay OFF the DNR trails last 2 weeks in November you can ride year around. If your bike is platted you can ride till your hearts content.

But riding in the woods during the last 2 weeks in november is just asking for trouble. Let the hunters have them 2 weeks. We have the rest of the year. Other than them 2 weeks we can ride anywhere anytime.

While we can ride most anywhere and anytime right now, out of courtesy to the bow hunters it's a good idea to stay out of the woods until mid-morning and get out of the woods before too late in the afternoon.

We went riding again today.... from 3pm until 4:30pm. COLD out there!!!

Firearm deer season, Nov 15 through the 30th. Restrictions are in place then. Safest to not ride on those days on public land open to hunting.