Sign in to follow this  

stalling problems

For the past few days my has been acting diffrent its been stalling alot every time i stop in neutral it would idol for about 5 seconds then shut off i went home and look at my filter and thougth that was the problem cleaned it oiled it up put it back in and it seemed fine for a little then 20 min later does the same today i felt like it was bogging alot??? i don't know what to do any idea?

Jetting, big change in weather in the last couple of days, try bumping the idle up and turning the fuel screw out. Do you have a 42 pilot jet in?, helps a lot.

everything is stock so if 42 pilot is stock then yes but i dont know how to jet i did idol but it still shuts off i coudl try fuel screw that the one under the carb right

My friend had the same type of prob. on his 04, I think what he said was that the wire to the killswitch was worn down so it was always trying to shut off when you werent on it hard. Chech that, maybe thats the problem

check ur idle..u might wanna turn it up a bit..im not sure if thats ur problem but couldnt hurt to double check it...my bike is tricky to set the idle and ive heard from alot of others with the same bike...u adjust it perfect and than it changes and randomly gets low and will die sometimes

well tomorw im having my freind over were gunna mess around with it im goin to check teh valves and such try the fuel screw and im sure it isnt the idol cuz it idols perfect for a little then jsut dies like suddenly

Ok then try the 42 pilot, and the fuel screw 2 turns out and bump the idle up, should help. Maybe go even bigger then that on the pilot jet since it is getting colder out.

i was readin some other form and they were useing a 45 piolt to eliminate the poping noise would the 45 solve this problem too