Sign in to follow this  

How Does It Turn????

I know that the power will be competitive, and you can usually tailor the syspension to your individual liking, but the number one question that most should be wondering is "How does it turn"?? Thats what I need to know. Ive owned numerous Crf's ( added offset clamps,RR tires, high $$ syspension, and spend many Hrs tuning) and there biggest flaw has allways been there ability to turn on flat corners. The 06's are better, but still not a sharp as I would like. The rmz does turn very well, but we dont have a good suzuki dealer for miles!! Are Kawi dealer is first rate though!! Any info would be greatly appreciated.. Troy 140

Read some of the reviews out there. Yes, they can turn.

I read all from the major Mags, and from down under, they all say the same thing, "motor pulls good,especially down low, but doesnt fall off on top" , "New kyb syspension soaks up the track" , "The bike feels tall but you don't notice it on the track", I know these are just quick reviews, and they are excited about a "All new model", But they dont say "This could be the best turning bike I've ever ridden" as was the case with the Rmz 450 when it was released last yr. I am very interested in the new kxf 450, Ive owned a few kawi's and they usually feel good to this vet rider!! I guess until shoot out time, we will just have to speculate on how the All compare!! Troy vet 140

In the latest Australasian Dirt Bike magazine they test the KX450F. Basically they say it is definitely a contender in the '06 shoot outs and they say it will be close when compared to the CRF450. A pro rider rode it and said he would have to set tidy up the suspension to suit him. Intermediate and amature riders rode it and said it was awesome (especially the engine).

They also test the '06 CRF450 and rave about it. Last year they gave the CRF450 10 out of 10 and stated it was the best dirt bike ever to roll of a production line. Now they say the '06 is improved and actually gave it 11 out of 10. They say the handling is better than ever and the bike corners like no other.

I for one am looking forward to the shoot outs. It will be so close between the Honda, Suzuki and Kawasaki. I think the Yamaha will be a bit of an unknown quantity with aluminium frame but I am sure it will be well sorted. I don't think KTM will be in the running for the top spot.

Turning and overall handling is very important to me also, i have been struggling with my YZF all year, it turns like a school bus. I pray that it will turn thats #1 on my list. They all have a good motor, but don't get me wrong I love that too. :banghead::banghead:🤣🤣

I'm 6ft 2 and it is tall, don't have any track time on it yet, but it seems to turn really well, power is as about as smooth as it gets, but they do seem a little big, but it really hasn't settled any at all.

Still need more info about turning, I read the Tansworld report on the 06 Rmz, they still say its the "Best turning bike". I like what I'm hearing about the kxf, I am 6'4' 190, and like the big bike feel, and I like to short shift. But the #1 handling trait that I like is the bikes ability to turn, especially on flat corners. (You can set about any bike up for a burm, or bowl turn). Keep on posting ride reviews, A real world comparison between the 06 RMZ 450 & kxf 450 is what this Vet wants! Thanks in advance, Troy 140

Turning and overall handling is very important to me also, i have been struggling with my YZF all year, it turns like a school bus. I pray that it will turn thats #1 on my list. They all have a good motor, but don't get me wrong I love that too. :banghead::banghead:🤣:busted:

Why not a Suzuki. They said it's the best turning bike period!

the KXF turns almost as good as the RMZ but alot better than the CRF

I found the motor on the KXF to be better than both RMZ and CRF

the KXF turns almost as good as the RMZ but alot better than the CRF

You guys are KILLING me. I should have mine this week if they showing up on the west coast.

I am so freaking glad to be done with my 05 CRF450, I never could make that thing turn woth a crap.

You guys are KILLING me. I should have mine this week if they showing up on the west coast.

I am so freaking glad to be done with my 05 CRF450, I never could make that thing turn woth a crap.

im on the west coast, So. Cal., they started hitting dealers yesterday and today

you will be stoked, the KX450f is way better than the CRF450

Not to bust your chops, but thats really an open ended statement. How is the motor better?

my 06 250f turns great, much better than my 03 yamaha 250f. the ergonomics and seat hight are perfect for me, but I'm 6'2. The seat is really nice and flat with great foam. Best seat ever!