Sign in to follow this  

will GS500 wheels fit?

How can I make the wheels from a GS500 fit a DRZ400s? In another thread I was dropped the info, but what do I have to do to get them to fit a DRZ? Any info would be appriciated.

Ed,

I'm looking to go sm with my 400s. I dont want to get to out there with the prices. So what are some of the other options to rims? What would I have to do in order to make the GS500's fit? Would it be worth the trouble if I could pick up a set of GS500's for under $200, and get them machined?

By the time you machined up the rims and made spacers etc. you would be into it for several hours of labor and headache for days,

The cheapest way out is to buy some rims and lace them up to your stock hubs.

The cool thing about that is once the rims are laced up you can adjust the offset for tire/chain clearance on the rear end which is something that would not be possible AFTER the cast wheels were fab'd to fit, you would be stuckwith what you had until you machined up more spacers if it was wrong, then you'd have the sprocket location to deal with.

Cast wheels have the sprocket location in a fixed position, so if you have to move the wheel over to get chain clearance the sprocket moves with it.....it can quickly become a can of worms.

The easiest and/or cheapest way out is rims laced to your stock hubs.

not to mention the weight of those cast wheels is just going to sap horsepower from your thumper..... and they are not nearly strong enough to deal with real "fun"... i.e. speedbump whoop section, jumping potholes/curbs, jumping in and out of ditches