I just got a new Polini xp4!!!

Yesturday I went to RPS race shop,I picked up a Polini xp4 there was only 2 or 3 left in california till the next shipment next month so this place is the closes to me.I havent got the chance to ride it yet except down the street.I like it im happy with it so far.I'll post some pics of it tonight.

the only upgrade I have so far is a red barrons skid plate for a xr50.It fits perfect.

I have a question if any one knows.were is the idle screw on this makuni(sp?) carb? cus it seams to idle a bit to high.I didnt get a manual for it yet, but the dealer said he will send me one.

The future upgrades I want to do:

gold Aluminum rims

Hydralic brakes

4 valve head kit

Oh so any xr50 pipe should fit too, thats great!I want to get that too.I really would like a big bore kit.Does any one know if theres any that would work? "polini70" do you know were the idle ajuster screw is on the carb?I took some pics of my bike, but dont know any sites to upload them to.whats that one site photbucket or something like that?

Tomarrow im going to have a custom class 3 hitch fitted to my WRX car,then build one of those channel hitch attachment, so I can put my bike on it.I know its not that much wieght.I would never tow a trailer with my car ,but a channel with my bike on it should be fine.The bike is only about 130lbs. :banghead:

Idle screw is the Phillips screw on the side. I tried a Pro circuit but its too fat. Id wait for the 4 valve they will be ready to leave the factory next week. If thats not your cup of tea the Takegawa ones will fit not sure if you will need to bore the casing though for a 125???

The 4V motor uses a single rocker to actuate two valves. It's not a true DOHC setup. Polini is also using Chinese motors on their bikes.
I asked the distributer and they said the cylinder, head and piston is polini and the rest is they didnt know, but it looks chinese.even if it is, polini makes sure the specs are good compared to the rest I would think cause polini is a good company and dont want to make a cheap product.

Yeah, for those that have seen the inside of the 3V heads, this setup just uses the split rocker for both intake and exhaust. 4V without the hassle of DOHC. Only loss to a true DOHC setup is you can't tweak the intake and exhaust timing independantly by the pullys, you have to get your cam reground.

The key is going to be, does it flow. If it flows good, it'll be a winner.

Whoa Pony! Hold up there. A Polini is a Polini. Some of the parts may be made in China, but I know a good majority are made in Italy. they did farm out the bottom end to Piaggio (spelling?). But that's awesome! Another awesome Italian company. Just because it's a Honda style engine, that makes it Chinese??? What? There are other countries in th world making pitbikes guys!

P.S. Hey does anyone know where the CRF50 comes from? That is one bike that truly does come from China!!! So before some hardocre CRF guy responds to this, don't forget that little fact. :banghead:

Yep the 4 valve will fit an XR/CRF50. But it will only increase the size to 90cc.

Part numbers are

119.0092 for cylinder

119.0091 for Head setup.

Sorry to say guys the motor is from China. But the rest is made in Italy. The motor would have to be the strongest to come out of China though, it will select all gears etc.

Yep the 4 valve will fit an XR/CRF50. But it will only increase the size to 90cc.

Part numbers are

119.0092 for cylinder

119.0091 for Head setup.

Sorry to say guys the motor is from China. But the rest is made in Italy. The motor would have to be the strongest to come out of China though, it will select all gears etc.

how much is it???? :banghead:

Thats what i meant No Fear. It will stay in gear while in motion not go from 3rd to neutral like other Chinese imports. And when you guys talk about the Top End being Polini and the bottom being Piaggio you are talking about the new 65cc 2 stroke Polini have coming out.As for prices for the 4 valve kit they will be out any day now.