Sign in to follow this  

etown gone in 2 years...

My friend said he heard from a reliable source that etown land will be sold off for real estate development in 2 years. He said the owner is tired of all the legal battles.

If that happens that would really suck.

Has anyone heard any rumors like this?

that rumor has been around for atleast 10 years and it starts at the end of the season every year.

Between drag racing, motocross, and all the events they do there, no developer has the $$$ to make it worth while. If it goes the people will all start crying when the only thing that brings people to englishtown (besides other people's junk at the auction) is gone and their taxes go through the roof.

i heard of plans of like 10,000 homes being built on the property

im guessing it'd be a shitload of town houses just like the rest of oldbridge, englishtown and manalapan are or maybe apartments ..who cares

when etown goes away its the death of MX in nj

atco races quads with bikes..the track sucks

mt pleasant is done for now

..supposeldy theres some track opening up in south jersey thats like a racing complex with a full road race course, trails and MX..that'llbe done in 10 years or so..

Ive heard that rumor many times before and I think its bull. The place has been there since the 70's and because some idiots move so close to it that they cant have silence thats their own problem. You just moved next to something that has millions of vistors a year and now your going to complain? They have no right to and yes, if E-town goes (which i don't think will) motocross in NJ goes for good.

The rumor's BS. I've been hearing it since I was riding an XR70 when I was 7 or 8 years old. It's started every fall by the neighboring people (The one's that buy those mini-mansions right next to track THEN complain about noise). By next spring you won't hear a single mention of that rumor, then next fall it will start up all over again. It's a continous cycle. E-town's not going anywhere. :banghead:

I had a long rant all typed up just now then lost the cable connection. :banghead:

heard of plans of like 10,000 homes being built on the property

Typical Manalapan, Old Bridge geniuses. Build 10,000 units with nothing but 2 lane roads leading to every major highway in the area. If they had their way, they'd do it, too.

Typical Manalapan, Old Bridge geniuses. Build 10,000 units with nothing but 2 lane roads leading to every major highway in the area. If they had their way, they'd do it, too.

meanwhile the schools have classrooms outside and in the bathrooms and under the staircases due to overcrowding

north dakota here i come!

The rumor's BS. I've been hearing it since I was riding an XR70 when I was 7 or 8 years old. It's started every fall by the neighboring people (The one's that buy those mini-mansions right next to track THEN complain about noise). By next spring you won't hear a single mention of that rumor, then next fall it will start up all over again. It's a continous cycle. E-town's not going anywhere. :banghead:

I had a long rant all typed up just now then lost the cable connection. :banghead:

that is true but it's diffierent now.... with real estate/housing market growing like crazy the town can collect much more in taxes.

that is true but it's diffierent now.... with real estate/housing market growing like crazy the town can collect much more in taxes.

I'll believe it when I see it gone. :banghead: IMO E-town's far too big of a facility to be squeezed out by neighboring residents. They have the airport, drag strip, go-karts, MX, swap meets, flea markets etc... :banghead:

I have a contact who can tell me for sure what the scoop is. Gotta try to track him down.

Film at 11. :banghead: