Sign in to follow this  

How much oil?

i have an '05 and yea its in two spots(oil) there is 8mm bolt in one of the holes of the skidplate. and then there is a bigger bolt in the bottom of the case(14mm) you empty out both of those, and its reccommended that you change the oil filter every time. I do. the bike holds 1.35L. the oil that works the best is castrol r4. if you have any questions, message me back.

The KX250F engine is similar to the Honda, as in differant oil compartments. Honda's are separate, Kawi's is semi-separate. If you drain the transmission area, then the crankcase area, and then finally the oil filter, you should put back in the motor about 1300cc of oil.

Remember, for an accurate oil level reading, you must start the engine and let it idle for a few minutes. Then kill it, and after a few minutes on a level surface, then check the sight glass window.

Never check the oil level without starting the engine, you may add too much oil.

I always measure how much I drain and put back in the same amount. Of course, I make sure the oil level was correct to begin with using the method suggested by Mxtr.

On the 2006, I noticed that swaying the bike side to side allowed more oil to drain. I do it slowly and then keep the bike vertical until the oil stops draining and then repeat until the process stops working.