Sign in to follow this  

Hammer Head shifters

I broke my hammer head shifter yesterday, right at the top where it connects to the shift shaft. Its only 5 months old, has anyone had this problem, I'm going to call Hammer Head on Monday I'll let guys know how they responded

I have had my hammerhead over a year now ,no problems previously had the shifter tip on my 02,would like to know also what they have to say.

I have had my hammerhead over a year now ,no problems previously had the shifter tip on my 02,would like to know also what they have to say.

no problems here either, let us know

It just cracked right at the shift shaft, clean through about the 10:00 o clock position, I was just ridding at the track, no falls no nothing. I went to shift from 2nd to 1st and kept hitting neutral I though I lost 1st, but then I saw the shifter was loose on the shaft

What was wrong with stock? Did you break that one to?

My stock wore out realy fast. The tip got loose were it folds.

I crashed on a piece of Ice and broke the tip off, thats the reason I bought the HammerHead the stock 05 shifter not the beefyest

BTW I called HH today and got there recorder I left my name, # and problem, no return call yet :banghead:

No problem here with mine I have many crashes on the books, let us know the response, they should back this up as it must be a flaw.

Daily up date, Called HammerHead twice today once at 1:30 pm and 3:00 pm left two messages asking for a return call, nothing yet, These guy are starting to piss me off, I'll Keep you guys up dated on the outstanding customer service dept.

Is it the whole shifter or just the tip?

I have the whole shifter, and I layed my bike over in a corner, and it snapped clean in half, where it makes that little zig-zag before the tip. But my friend is a welder and he fixed me up..........But for how much I payed, and for how beefy that thing looks, I was hoping for it to be at least stronger than the stocker???

Mine broke where it slips on the splines of the shift shaft I'm starting to think that these parts are more hype than anything else, my moose steel shifter held up a hole lot better and took more abuse then this piece of crap and lasted for years and only cost $20.00 bucks not $70.00 and moose customer service is great not like these BOZO'S

Sorry for the rant but there no excuse for $hitty Customer Service

Dave Smoljan

Got a call from Tia at HammerHead today she apologize for the slow response on returning the phone calls, she says there a small shop and the owner was out of town marketing their products and she only work 20 hrs a week. She also said they would replace the shifter no ? asked, should have it on Fri. thanks Hammerhead for standing behind your product