Sign in to follow this  

sprockets!??

hey guys. whad up!? well i have a renthal sprocket and a renthal gold chain and they are gettin pretty warn down. they didnt really last long and i was wondering what would be a good set up to get, either sprocket's/chain combo or seperatly!?? thanx

crf 250r- tons

the ti-moly sidwinder sproket will last u forever! it adds aroud 2 hp. it really helped on my 150 and 230.

How does this add 2 HP ? I find this hard to believe.

BS.I have used sidewinder on my 450 and it was a waste of money.Way over priced for what you get.Go to Motorsports outlet and get a primary drive racing chain for 30 bucks gold add an extra 5 and you can get there back sprocket for 15 and front for 6.It will last almost an entire season of riding depending on how much you ride. So primary dirve under 60 bucks or sidewinder 300 bucks,Da.And no chain and sprocket no matter how light will give 2 hp.

hey guys. whad up!? well i have a renthal sprocket and a renthal gold chain and they are gettin pretty warn down. they didnt really last long and i was wondering what would be a good set up to get, either sprocket's/chain combo or seperatly!?? thanx

crf 250r- tons

I have a renthal sproket and a D.I.D chain, and I never had to ajust it...it is very strong and last a long time

ps. if you really want a heavy duty chain, get one for a 500 2stroke and put it on your bike, my friend did it, and will do it for the rest of his time riding

well, on a 450 u guys might be right. the mod is much better on the 230 and 150. in fact maybe 3 times better. and yes on the 230 and 150 the turning mass is 3 pounds lighter, and diferent geared. it translates to about 2-3 hp. i tend to believe 2hp. so u could be right that it is a waste on a 450, but on the 150 and 230 i had it was awsome

well, on a 450 u guys might be right. the mod is much better on the 230 and 150. in fact maybe 3 times better. and yes on the 230 and 150 the turning mass is 3 pounds lighter, and diferent geared. it translates to about 2-3 hp. i tend to believe 2hp. so u could be right that it is a waste on a 450, but on the 150 and 230 i had it was awsome

The turning mass is too close to the axle for a 2 HP gain, and if it is different geared it has moved the torque and power relatively to the gearing change which may give you the feeling that you have gained 2HP, but that is just a feeling.

dude, look at the site. it says 3 hp. we talked to a guy that works there and he said really more around 2hp.(i know since he works there u might not beliee him but...) and going up hills and things were MUCH easier with the new sproket. of course it is a more powerful machine with different gearing. u really DONT gain horsepower unless u do engine upgrades (bib bore, exhaust) the different gearing and lighter wieght of the sidewinder sproket does not add ANY hp. they just translate the power gain to hp because that is the only way we would understand how much of a gain we would be getting.