Sign in to follow this  

Back Break Lever

ive had my TTR 225 for about 1 year now and when i first got (First bike and all) i was dumpin it quite a bit ya kno like any noob would and then i started getttin bettin and i rode in out back field went around a cornor in 3rd about 3/4 gas and there was a plastic pipe stickin out just enough and my back tire spun on it and my bike went out from under me and bent the back brake lever up i went back to our shop bent back in place and then of course when ever it fell it would bend again and i went back bent it in place and then it was weaker well last time i dumped it throught a really muddy area up hill it bent i bent it back and it now have a crack in it about 3/4 of the way down the lever and its not in the corect spot because i was scared i would brake it all the way so i called our local yamaha shop and they say it would be $116!!!!!🤣🤣:banghead::banghead: i couldnt believe it... has this hapend to anyone else? where can i get one for cheap or is there some way i can fix it???

thnx for anything!

get it welded, or even have a new peice fabricated that can be welded on to it. Everything for this bike is rediculously overpriced. The header guard is $150cad, rear fender is $100, side panels $80.

I bent my shift shaft and they want $150 for a new one. I think its cause theres no aftermarket so yamaha can just bend u over.

thats besides the point, and btw its not holding it together lol. Its there as a spacer because the adjuster broke off.

I will always dig my TTR250 but I learned a valuable lesson from it -- I will never again buy a bike that does not have a ton of aftermarket support. Replacing parts that break from everyday riding is a PITA!!

How the hell did it bend so far back?

My question also :banghead: . Also, to the starter of this thread, weld it.

One last thing. A new brake lever would be 25 bucks :banghead:

Man you guys think that brake pedal is a lot don't crack your gas tank!

Then your talking like $500 plus. Been there done that. There's not much aftermarket for brake pedals at all, I've moved up to a WR and to replace the stock pedal is $105.

I think one of those little cables to keep them from bending is cheap protection.

uh i would recomend a brake snake... yea know i know what there for and im gonna go make one lol

Yes OEM parts are expensive. But if you look around someone always has it cheaper. Try these guys I have found them to be the cheapest.

http://flatoutmotorsports.net/fiche_select.asp

A word of caution it takes about 2 weeks for the parts to get to your house. If you need it right away go to your dealer.

ive had my TTR 225 for about 1 year now and when i first got (First bike and all) i was dumpin it quite a bit ya kno like any noob would and then i started getttin bettin and i rode in out back field went around a cornor in 3rd about 3/4 gas and there was a plastic pipe stickin out just enough and my back tire spun on it and my bike went out from under me and bent the back brake lever up i went back to our shop bent back in place and then of course when ever it fell it would bend again and i went back bent it in place and then it was weaker well last time i dumped it throught a really muddy area up hill it bent i bent it back and it now have a crack in it about 3/4 of the way down the lever and its not in the corect spot because i was scared i would brake it all the way so i called our local yamaha shop and they say it would be $116!!!!!🤣:banghead::banghead:🤣 i couldnt believe it... has this hapend to anyone else? where can i get one for cheap or is there some way i can fix it???

thnx for anything!

That's one HELL of a run-on sentence!!

🤣:busted: