Sign in to follow this  

LIFAN 120 cc *complete kit***

so this is a have you seen...used...or own this lifan 120 cc motor....and the site called classic honda sells a lifan 120 cc motor comple with cdi and all wiring and coil. and i was wondering why i never hear anything about it. they sell it for 700.00 dollars and it it's a four speed. now the price it would cost to make my crf 50 motor have the 8 horse power that the lifan motor has, would cost a few hundred more than that. and it would still have the three speed design. which sucks from first to second...then to replace that from my honda motor...it would cost even more....and that would still leave me with 3 speeds..without a clutch....it just seems to be a cost effective best bang for the buck considering it bolts right in..no modifying anything.....it comes with all the parts that people have problems with adapting to thier honda frames...cdi...coil....and whatnot.... here is the link if you wan tto check it out...

http://www.hondaminitrail.com/XR50.html

the motor pic and description is about 3/4 down the page.\

im just really really sick of the horrible 3 speed honda and mine is with an 82 cc kit...i hate how second is the only gear i really use at the local dirt jumping trails...and on a track....i just don't have enough horse to gear up on the sprockets to get more top speed...and actually jump real jumps...i also LOVE clutches...and i can only imagine how much nicer it would be with 4 gears!!!

If you consider that the GPX 125 sells for around $500.......it may explain why you haven't heard much about that Lifan at $700. :banghead::banghead:

so the gpx would be better...?? what about gearing??? hows the jump from first to second...?? and thats the engine that everyone says has lots of power and that comes on the pitster pro.??

If you consider that the GPX 125 sells for around $500.......it may explain why you haven't heard much about that Lifan at $700. :banghead::banghead:

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Lifan made GPX's engines... I know that Zongshen has a very capable 125cc 4spd motor for under $700 through some dealers. Definitley shop around. Loncin, Lifan, Zongshen, GPX etcc. seem to be the best ones (comes from ISO 9001 certified factories) Cheers!

the GPX is the motor that comes on the pitster pro!! its very strong!! with the gearing that comes on the pitster 16/41 its alittle steep!! first is not useable unless ur pulling down ur house!! hehehe!! the motor has plenty of power so regearing so if u play with the gearing u could get first to work great!! its a normal jump from 1st to 2nd you just start so steep!!! great motor!!

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Lifan made GPX's engines... I know that Zongshen has a very capable 125cc 4spd motor for under $700 through some dealers. Definitley shop around. Loncin, Lifan, Zongshen, GPX etcc. seem to be the best ones (comes from ISO 9001 certified factories) Cheers!

Well, seeing how you asked for it........GPX motor is made by Jialing. :banghead:

oops, forgot about jialing, but they are still among the other top factories of honda based stuff it seems. I've heard nothing but good about them and GPX. Seeing that they meet the same tolerance standards, it makes sense why these motors last and they brake arms and stuff brake. Because they are pieced together out of some top-notch parts, and some not so good ones. I'm glad the PRC has gotten a taste of capitalism, cause it makes putting around the neighborhood or trail way cheaper and equally fun as my Japanese machines. :banghead:

so i am going to go gpx and screw with gearing..i just want that power out of a reliable machine rather than trying to make my crf motor more powerful w hile taking myu reliability away....and the 4 speed. ahh ...now...as far as mating this to my crf frame...cdi...coil...carb...what to do there...anyone with any first hand experiince here??

so i am going to go gpx and screw with gearing..i just want that power out of a reliable machine rather than trying to make my crf motor more powerful w hile taking myu reliability away....and the 4 speed. ahh ...now...as far as mating this to my crf frame...cdi...coil...carb...what to do there...anyone with any first hand experiince here??

everything will bolt up good

well we have done quite a few crf50 with GPX 124cc engine installs and we can help if you need

feel free to contact me anytime

vince

we have also put GPX124cc in

trx90,xr70,thumpstar,sdg,sikk mx

and more !

Dratv.com also sells the lifan 120. The lifan 120 has a 27mm intake valve, and 23mm exhaust valve and has more upgrade potential (without replacing the head) then any of the other aftermarket chinese offerings. It's a good base motor.