Sign in to follow this  

Taneum Ride Today 10/16

Just got home from another great ride at Taneum. :banghead: This was a last minute, late night decision made over the phone. I am sorry for not letting TT members know, so you could join us. It was a last minute change from going to Belfair.

Arrived at Taneum at 11am. Maybee 8 or so vehicles in the parking area. The four of us Diane, Dan, Rich and his friend Scott. Dani couldn't make it account prior plans. We did the same route that was done on 10/01. With Jeff and Nick. 1326 to Windy Pass. About 11 miles in there is a new tree covering the trail. We had to lift the bikes over the log.(Wished I owned a digital camera) At Windy Pass there was rain and fog couldn't see trail very well in the switch backs. No snow yet, but it was cold. Then 1377 to 1367 to the 4way intersection. Then went 1363 back to Taneum parking area. The trail conditions were great. Rich and Scott had never ridden Taneum and for Dan over 5 years. They too enjoyed the great trail conditions. :banghead:

Way to go folks. We rode it Saturday and the weather was in the 60's all day long. It was great riding conditions. We did 65 miles by dropping down into the Naches and then back again to the Junction.

Its great that you had the confidence and memory to do a spontaneous ride like that. :banghead:

I was nearby with my wife at Manastash Camp Ground starting late Saturday afternoon.

Was trying to find an easy ride for the wife on her new Gas Gas 200 Trials Bike.

I woke up at 2:00 AM and couldn't get back to sleep so with the full moon light and all decided to take a survey ride in prep for Sunday's ride. Managed to find Lost Lake and came close to Manastash Lake when I decided to head back. Could see the weather moving in and decided not to push the luck any further.

Did the ride again Sunday about 10:00 AM. Too cold for the wife. So armed with the GPS (but with no background map installed), I headed out again without the need for the headlight this time. I still had a Funny Rocks Waypoint saved from last year, but that was from a ride up Milk Lake trail ending at Manastash Lake.

I was going to follow the same trail that I found the night before, but while slow riding up a side hill 4WD trail just for fun, three guys on KTMs came by like they knew where they were going. So I followed their 4WD route and checked to see that it was heading toward Funny Rocks..

Conclusion: Found Funny Rocks in the fog, played on the rock faces for about 10 minutes and then proceeded to Manastash Lake and Lost lake going back to camp. Found my tracks where I turned around the night before about 1/4 mile short of Manastash Lake. Saw some more fresh tire tracks but other than the three KTMs, saw only a few hunters. Was chilly here and there, but an otherwise fun ride. I now know a little more about the 4WD routes and trails out there.

My wife finally overcame the cold and went for a local ride around camp about 1:30 Sunday afternoon and had a great time.. She said she wants to go back to continue her training there.... a good sign :banghead:

Anybody know of any other good camp sites with a mix of open riding and easy trails that will be rideable until the snow flies? Thanx