Sign in to follow this  

Off road lighting

Here Ill start a fricking post about what we WERE talking about previously. We wont (god forbid) include the word referring to smoking pinger motors so we can continue a good thread. But wait I guess thread content isnt all that counts? :banghead:

So this Nite Rider system will work on your MX 4 stroke as well.🤣 As I said Im going to test them out soon.

So far installation is a breeze. The helmet mount is top notch and the bar mounted headlights are a snap. Even come with bar mounted switch. Mine will be run off of a rechargeable battery (both helmet and headlights). I figure on keeping the battery on the front fender or in a fanny pack, not sure yet(it seems a bit heavy).

I tested the helmet light on my 50 in the woods behind the house. The helmet light alone I could negotiate well, actually better than my old DRZ with its stock light and 100W bulb! although I wasnt riding at speed I could tell the light would be sufficient.

So heres my question...anyone have any substantial night experience, and do you prefer HID or Halogen for offroad? In the woods I see this working beyond expectation, but at speeds of 65+ I wonder?

I am used to Halogen and the HID seems a bit jumpy and catches shadows. Any good tips on positioning?

:banghead:

Im excited about the night race! More feedback to come.

We used the Night Rider system at the Perry Mtn. 24hr Challenge race. They work well. We used the Helmet lights in conjuction with lights on the bike.

Sorry, I had to lock the previous thread but we have to stay on subject and the last person to give us a hard time about not staying on subject and insisted on badmouthing 4 strokes and promoting 2 strokes here was banned by higher ups than me.

My job is to make sure everyone is behaving and on subject.

It isn't hard to ask general questions as you have pointed out here.

Thanks,

Dwight

I used the night rider helmet light with my stock bike light this year during the Perry mountain 24 hr race and it worked awesome and night rider support is great.. I had blown a bulb at about halfway through a lap and the difference between having the helmet light and not is unbelievable. and night rider fixed my light for me asap. when i came off the trail I just handed it to him as i was going by and he had it fixed in a flash. I used the HID bulb and it does take some time to get used to but wouldn't even think about riding at night without it now..

great product and worth the money for sure but I would for sure use the battery instead of wiring it to your bike and keep the battery on you somewhere, like fanny pack or in your Camelback thats where i keep mine.. you get used to the weight pretty quick and believe me it gets really dark out there if you crash and the bike goes off and if you have the battery on the bike you are going to be lost in the dark. IMHO

Thanks guys! Unfortunately I have no testing time to set adjustment prior to the race, so hopefully I get it right the first time. :banghead: