Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust for the 06 RMZ450

Which is the best aftermarket exhaust system for MX racing on the 06 RMZ450.

I have loved my leovince exhaust! We discussed this about 2-3 weeks ago. Do a search on it. The did a lot of development with the pipe side by side with Suzuki's development of the RMZ

Been pretty happy with Dr D if you dont want to spend a bundle.

Vanhalen, I seen some pretty good reports on the Leovince system, which system do you have a how much did you pay. Thanks

RC is running a Pro Circuit. Maybe that means something?

Means they gave him one hell of a contract! Plus PC is a major sponsor for Suzuki.

Don't get me wrong, PC has one hell of a pipe but he's fast as hell with anything. For awhile he was using White Brothers (Honda)... he kicked ass on that one also.

Stock is best! When you can use all the power (as in RC) or you wad up your stocker , maybe then buy a pipe. Use the $ to tweak your suspension/set up your controls etc.

From the sounds of the early reviews on the '06, this motor is much improved!

Stock is best! When you can use all the power (as in RC) or you wad up your stocker , maybe then buy a pipe. Use the $ to tweak your suspension/set up your controls etc.

From the sounds of the early reviews on the '06, this motor is much improved!

STOCK SUCKS!!!!!

I've ridden the '05 and only read about the "06 on TWMX. This bike has plenty of power for 90% of us. If you're in the other 10% or have $ burning a hole in your pocket go for it!

IMHO the $ would be better spent tweaking the suspension and setting up the cockpit.

These guys are all correct! If money were the issue. MX on a budget for RMZ 450

1. Tires (Where you ride dictates that)

2. Springs ,get the correct springs for your weight. use the adjusters and oil level for forks and the shock use the adjusters. if you do not know what to do learn! most bikes are 90% perfect with correct springs. Get on a scale with full gear. go on suspension forms or call a expert shop and say I weght this with full gear' I ride a

RMZ450 200? I am a mx,h/s, skill level What are the correct springs.

3. new plastics ( strip off unused factory stuff and by used stuff on ebay or here) when you sell it it will look perfect!when you race u won't cry when it looks wasted!

4. good chain. do not do a lap with a stock chain. you will make back money on spockets that the stocker will waste in 3 hrs.

5. when you get good on the bike what are you almost in third and screaming in 2nd?

do you feel your in 2nd too much? are you always in 3rd? How ever you feel you can make it better going up or down a tooth in the rear! Do Not go by magazines! go by you! ie CRF250 modded out see garage)I had a stock 51 and it felt like I was shifting constantly and hitting the rev limiter too fast. droped to a 49 and thought I loved it. By accident my new wheel set had a 50T and I switched it unknowingly. I felt so snappy in 3rd in turns and 4th it pulled like 3rd! did not know it untill I washed it and found out! It is a feel thing. If your lucky friends will have extras around to try!

6 PIPES: there is no best pipe! I get Akrapovics at cost and I tried it and cried I hated it so much! DRD was awesome. then I got a Thunder Alley pipe after talking to bob murry for an hour. he gave me the head pipe I wanted and his canister set up.

No Mags no ads just a experienced guy with a pipe dyno. It increase reponse noticeably and I went to a 49 tooth again. My motor builder wanted me to buy his modified version of the FMF pipe. Now he moved to white bros and will be working on the carbon pro pipes. Bottom line we need to help eachother in an honest way to find what we want from a pipe. as a vet give me bootom-mid only on a 450 please. I buy more stuff than all of you combined. I sold my 450 but when I heal up my buddies have new everybike and I will tell all!

Hope that helps.

PS I have had

Race tech

rg3

factory connection

KPS

Pro pilot

Ohlins

TMR

Means nothing if you cannot ask for what you want and adj Clickers.

My friend a good pro had TMR do his 2003 yz450. I had a CRF450 2003 same deal.

He hated his I loved his better than anything! He loved mine I liked mine. I wanted t switch bike but he said no. He sold the bike 2 yrs later buys a new bike ever year. Hated ever fork every year yamaha made. Now we both ride OHLINS.

IAVETRACER Why wont ur bike start? Did it run low on oil and water? :banghead:

Stock exhaust for me,power is absolutely incredible, strong from very bottom-top(jetted on the mark). Infact I purchased a back-up stock header and slip on for 46.00 awesome condition.Very happy with the power, decent B rider. Nothing wrong with purchasing a after- market,stock is just fine for me,just for my type of riding and style,I love this motor and there is plenty of it.

I have the X3 (non low boy). I made some trades so the system did not cost me anything.

Means they gave him one hell of a contract! Plus PC is a major sponsor for Suzuki.

Don't get me wrong, PC has one hell of a pipe but he's fast as hell with anything. For awhile he was using White Brothers (Honda)... he kicked ass on that one also.

Actually, Yoshimura works with Suzuki for the 4-strokes. Pro Circuit is a team sponsor for their 2-strokes (Really, only RC's RM250). I read in Transworld at the beginning of the summer that RC preferred the "hook" that the Pro Circuit pipe has, compared to the smooth/broad power spread of the Yoshimura.

Personally, I haven't ridden an RM-Z450, but i'd do like some of these other people have said. Suspension setup/revalve etc. should always be top priority. Rather than spending $800 on an exhaust system that may get you a different power curve and a couple more horsepower, it's better to invest that $800 in suspension setup. :banghead: