Sign in to follow this  

Carpal tunnel surgery question.

I know that I have a need for surgery, but the doctors insist on me taking a $600+ test to "prove" I have CTS.

Will I be able to find a surgeon that will do the surgery without me and my insurance company having to spread "cover your ass" dollars around the local medical community? :banghead:

You can come to Houston in the moriing, I'll do it and send you back home on the afternoon flight.

I only order those tests on Workman's Compensation cases, where I can not entirely believe what the guy is saying.

drmark may disagree, but I have had issues with carpal tunnel in my left wrist and through good chiropractic care along with related physical therapy it has been completely alleviated.

I'm a firm believer that carpal tunnel and other similar issues can be resolved through good PT measures. From my experince, CT issues maily result from neck/shoulder issues that then transmit down your arm(s) to elbow and wrists.

PT can take longer, but IMHO is a much better solution.

drmark I HAD CARPELTUNNEL SUGERY IN 1998 .THE PAST 2 TO 3 YEARS I AM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH NUMBNESS AGAIN WHEN I RACE .IS IT POSSIBLE THE TENDON WAS NOT CUT PROPERLY ?THIS IS ON MY RIGHT HAND IT WAS JUST CUT OPEN .MY LEFT HAND WAS DONE IN 1995 BY SCOPE I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THIS HAND .THESE SUGERYS WERE DONE BY TWO DIFFERENT DOCTORS. :banghead:

Try Vitamin B6. Infact, visit the Nutriex.com website, and order Nutriex Sport. Take those for a while, before going for tests, or having surgery.

DRmark,

My surgeon uses the Open release procedure rather than the 2 portal endoscopic procedure because insurance will not support the Agee procedure here in Colorado.

Is this "whoee"?

Is there a big difference between the two procedures?

In my humble opinion, there is little difference between each procedure. The endoscopic is big in the hype department.