Sign in to follow this  

My 06 Kx250f

Hey everyone, I just got an 06 kx250f last week, and this weekend I took it on its first ride, and I've got to say it is AWSOME!!! I absolutely LOVE this bike, just everything about it is perfect! The Suspension worked flawlessly, even with my skinny 120 pound butt on it, the motor has sooo much power and torque out of corners compared to my old 01 Kx125 and it handles like my friends cr80!🤣

But I do have a question, my dad and I were changing the oil, and I had bought a Crt re-usable oil filter for it, and in the owners manual it says to install the new oil filter with the rubber grommet facing towards the oil filter cover? This must be a misprint, because the stock filter came out with the filter towards the engine, so we just ended up puttin the Crt the way the old one came out. Also it says to put 1.35 Liters in the motor, but my ratio-rite doesn't say Liters so I put in 1350 cc's. This is okay right?? :banghead:

But there is one problem i've had already with it, the rims came stock from the factory with the spokes REALLY loose, but so I tightened the spokes a little bit tighter, and now the front rim is out of true??? I'm taking it in today to get it fixed, and to have all of the bearings that need to be lubed, lubed. (My parents dont trust me working on my own bikes, except for changing oil and cleaning the air filter).

But other than that I so far Love this bike even though it only has about 3 hours on it. This bike is highly reccomended, but just to make sure you dont put the oil filter in backwards like the owners manual says to🤣 I deffinately give this bike an A++++🤣:banghead:

-GREENRIDER248-

With like 25hrs on my 06 the rims and spokes are still perfect. i was suprised

Having to tighten the spokes on a new bike is very very common for the first few rides. particularly the ones near the rim lock and valve stem. It became a habbit for me, so now i just check all the time. never had a problem after i tightened them the first couple of rides, but checking them every ride is a great habbit to get in.

I always do tighten the spokes after every ride (if they are loose). But these ones came VERY loose, so loose that with my Excel spoke torque wrench to tighten them to 45in.lbs, I had to turn almost every one like 2-3 turns. But now my front rim is out of true, maybe I went to far or something??

(I always do the 1-quarter of a turn, then skip 3 method also when I tighten my spokes)

:banghead: Actually now I have good news, I was able to true the rim myself using the guide from the September issue of Transworld. I got it pretty straight except for by the rim lock where it goes out to the right side just a tiny bit, so now I just have to grease all the bearings, and I'll be good to go! :banghead:🤣

my spokes were plenty tight on my bike when i got it..but about oil filter..ya i saw the same thing..we had the dealer call up kawi and tell them..if you get the service manual for the bike it says it the right way...the service manual is bad ass..its got EVERYTHNIG on it..deff get one..helps so much more :banghead:

but i have about 20hours on my kxf..and no problems at all :banghead:

i thought they didnt make those service manuels right away. whatever though i want one.

my spokes were plenty tight on my bike when i got it..but about oil filter..ya i saw the same thing..we had the dealer call up kawi and tell them..if you get the service manual for the bike it says it the right way...the service manual is bad ass..its got EVERYTHNIG on it..deff get one..helps so much more :banghead:

but i have about 20hours on my kxf..and no problems at all :banghead:

I asked my dealer last week and he didn't even have micro fisch yet for those. What's the part number for the service manual you got?

im not sure where to find the part number? :banghead:

i just got mine delivered from my dealer (who is in new jersey) like monday night...it didnt cost us a dime for it..but i think its because hes family..so that could be a reason..he was also the first delaer on the east coast to get the 06 KXF and i was the first on the east coast to have it :banghead:🤣

I asked my dealer last week and he didn't even have micro fisch yet for those. What's the part number for the service manual you got?

The Micro Fisch is on line.

Go to kawasaki.com, select your bike (kx250F) then select accesories, then select "Parts Diagram" and your there. All the part numbers.

2006 KX250F parts Diagram

Maybe the link will work.

sweet im gonna just order one right off the kawasaki site. thanks for the link.