Sign in to follow this  

a few pics of my lighting,sorry dial up users.

heres my 01 lightning.just finished installing the black powder coated wheels and light black outs.figured i would post some pics.

heres what it looked like when i got it.

lightning001.jpg

heres today

lightning007.jpg

lightning008.jpg

lightning006.jpg

what the loud pedal is attached to

lightning009.jpg

lightning010.jpg

some dyno graphs.the before and after i cured a misfire and dyno tuned the diablo predator.mods are 4lb pulley,cold air intake (yes it works),aux idler,diablo predator and magna flow cat back.

lightningbeforeandafterfreshplugscu.jpg

lightningtq.jpg

I was expecting pics of DRZ blinkers :banghead:

You mean "LightNing"

Nice ride!

oh ya,but i thought when i herd ya talking about a lighting i thought it was a buell,

still sweet though, supercharged and the way you've done the rims,nice sleeper.now instead of straps to keep you on the bike your going to need a spatula to peal everyones head off the back window :banghead::banghead:

Wow that is one nice truck. How much power increase did you see from the CAI? I installed on on my Honda as I wanted more power out of it to try to keep me from driving my Ram as it was killing me with gas milage.

I love those blackout covers. I don't think they are legal here or I would also have some. I'm not a fan of black wheels but they look good on that truck.

Is the Magnaflow pretty quiet or is it fairly loud? I don't think I have ever heard one on a lightning.

my 6 year old son begs "stick me to the seat" every time hes is in it.

hes gonna get me in trouble with the mrs. :banghead:

Haha. What kind of gas milage are you getting with it? I really like my Ram but the gas milage is killing me I have thought about selling it and getting something else although it probably wont happen.

14-19 mpg.depends on how many sidewyas smokey burns outs i do.

funny thing is this thing pulls my 6x12 enclosed trailer better than my 95 f250 with a 460 did.plus it gets twice the mileage.

Man oh man am I envious. I am only getting 8-10mpg 10 if I'm easy on the gas and I have half the power of that thing if not less than half.

Will it smoke the tires easily just getting on the gas around 10 or 15mph or does it not have enough power to do it then?

I have been mulling with the idea of building a hot rod but now the idea of building a Ford Lightning is starting to look appealing haha.

if you stomp the throttle at 10-15 mph it will get sideways for a block or until you let out.

the mods i have are good for a mid to high 12 at sea level.

So what are your future plans or do you plan to leave it like this? Already is putting out a lot of power but if your like you are with the DRZ it will be putting out a lot more shortly.

Any plans of nitrous?

a factory tech trans valve body,ported super charger,2-3 inch drop.

maybe a 50 shot of nitrous at some point.i need to get it to the track.my goal is to break the 12's here at 5500ft.

no thanks,i dont do black paint.i searched out a white lightning.

its one of the lowest production numbers,eaiest to take care of and the most under stated.

lowest production? wow, I wouldnt have guessed that. White is by far the most common color of vehicles overall, and most of the lightnings ive seen around here are white too.

I like dark colors, blacks the nicest but a pain to keep clean, dark blue or green is a close second, although "White Lightning" is a pretty cool name for a truck :banghead:

the concentration depends on the area of the country.most all of the white lightnings were sold in the south.

from nloc.net

1999: Black 1,601; Red 1,533; White 866; TOTAL: 4,000

2000: Black 1,596; Red 1,405; White 928; Silver 1,037; TOTAL: 4,966

2001: Black 1,908; Red 1,722; White 1,170; Silver 1,581; TOTAL: 6,381

2002: Black 1,198; Red 1,086; White 294; Silver 1,018; Blue 1,130; TOTAL: 4,726

2003: Black 1,036; Red 735; White 606; Grey 1,170; Blue 723; TOTAL: 4,270

2004: Black 843; Red 648; White 428; Silver 618 Grey 648; Blue 596; TOTAL: 3,781

Rarest build overall was the white 2002 Lightning(294), followed by the white 2004 lightning(428) and the sonic blue 2004(596).

Rarest overall color is the 02 True blue(1yr), Sonic Blue(2yr), DSG(2yr).

there was silve and a graphite gray.

04 was the last year.rumors fo a gen 3 lightning,but just rumors.