Sign in to follow this  

Visiting Kent, WA next weekend

I will be heading up to Kent, WA to pick up my new toy hauler next weekend. (arriving Fri night picking up sat and returning sunday) Looking for someone who might be willing to show us some good single track on saturday afternoon or maybe even Sunday. Need to get in a good ride before the 25hr and this is about the only way it is going to happen.

Any help would be appreciated. :banghead:

Ace

Pacific Raceways is near Kent. I don't know if they will be riding those days.you might want to check into that...

Someone need to to take racinace over highway 410's Chinook pass (just south of Kent in Sumner) and take him to Naches for a day ride. I'm with the grandson all weekend for his races, so I'm not able to do it, but there is plenty of folks from that area that know their way around Naches.

Someone need to to take racinace over highway 410's Chinook pass (just south of Kent in Sumner) and take him to Naches for a day ride. I'm with the grandson all weekend for his races, so I'm not able to do it, but there is plenty of folks from that area that know their way around Naches.
I might be available on sunday. What are the skill levels of the riders in your group? We have easy-to-most difficult trails at Evans Creek, and the Naches is most difficult when it's this wet out.

I might be available on sunday. What are the skill levels of the riders in your group? We have easy-to-most difficult trails at Evans Creek, and the Naches is most difficult when it's this wet out.

One AA rider

One B+ / A- rider

A day ride would be perfect. Sunday would work for us. :banghead:

One AA rider

One B+ / A- rider

A day ride would be perfect. Sunday would work for us. :banghead:

As long as it's not snowing or dumping rain, I'd be more than happy to take you on the Naches. If it's nice out, we can ride up to Ravens Roost for one of the best views of Rainier!Rainier From Ravens Roost

I have done the Roost trail in a jeep, but could not imagine the last 1000' on a bike. :banghead:🤣 It would be fun to watch thou :banghead:

Thanks Loynz.

I'll send you a PM and firm things up later in the week. HOPING for good weather!!!! :banghead:

Good job Lorne! Ace hooked me and some buddies up down in Oregon and showed us Winchester and Blue Ridge. You are the perfect tour guide for the Naches area. Ace is a great rider and will love that area!

Have fun!

Good job Lorne! Ace hooked me and some buddies up down in Oregon and showed us Winchester and Blue Ridge. You are the perfect tour guide for the Naches area. Ace is a great rider and will love that area!

Have fun!

If you don't mind the drive down to Federal Way, you can roll up there with me! :banghead: Head down saturday night for some din-din and playstation. :banghead:

I have done the Roost trail in a jeep, but could not imagine the last 1000' on a bike. :banghead:🤣 It would be fun to watch thou :banghead:

What makes the trail passable in a jeep but tough on a bike?

If you don't mind the drive down to Federal Way, you can roll up there with me!🤣 Head down saturday night for some din-din and playstation. :banghead:

I might be able to swing that. :banghead: Let me see how my schedule fleshes out over the next few days. 🤣

I might be able to swing that. :banghead: Let me see how my schedule fleshes out over the next few days. 🤣

:banghead:🤣

I remember it being long and steep with loose rocks all up the hill. It wasn't necessarily fun in the jeep either. Of course I had my kids in my jeep and a buddy of mine went sideways 1/2 up the hill and stalled it( carb. problems). the pucker factor went off the scale when I saw him do that. Or maybe I'm just a chicken.. I was up there in July. I took the road up.

I remember it being long and steep with loose rocks all up the hill. It wasn't necessarily fun in the jeep either. Of course I had my kids in my jeep and a buddy of mine went sideways 1/2 up the hill and stalled it( carb. problems). the pucker factor went off the scale when I saw him do that. Or maybe I'm just a chicken.. I was up there in July. I took the road up.

Loynz and I were the last two bikes to go up that last fall. Try doing that hill when it's covered in snow/ice. I had to lower my tire pressure to about 5psi to finally make it (3rd attempt). I was worried that I was going to have to leave my bike there until spring. :banghead:

What makes the trail passable in a jeep but tough on a bike?
The Naches is one of the early wagon trails that settlers came west on. I'm not sure what the exact elevations are, but it climbs up 3000' and back down again. The trail is jeep wide, but it's covered with rocks and roots in many areas. It can be a challenge during the summer because of the speeds a bike can reach - fourth, fifth, and even sixth gear at times. What makes it hard this time of year is the amount of rain the area gets. Flying over snot covered rocks and roots at 50 mph can be a challenge! :banghead:

Loynz and I were the last two bikes to go up that last fall. Try doing that hill when it's covered in snow/ice. I had to lower my tire pressure to about 5psi to finally make it (3rd attempt). I was worried that I was going to have to leave my bike there until spring. :banghead:
That ride is on the Naches top five list. Near dark, it became a matter of survival! Then to top it off, Drew's truck headlights were shorting out at 65mph. He wouldn't back off the throttle, just smack the dash trying to get them to turn on again. "Don't worry, dude! This happens all the time! It's the switch, I've got a new one at home." :banghead:

...Drew's truck headlights were shorting out at 65mph. He wouldn't back off the throttle, just smack the dash trying to get them to turn on again. "Don't worry, dude! This happens all the time! It's the switch, I've got a new one at home...
:banghead:🤣 Of course, installing it in the truck wasnt an option! 🤣🤣 Thats funny! :banghead:

So are you guys planning on riding the old wagon trail over to Little Naches?