Sign in to follow this  

A Long wait ahead for my 06 YZF

I spoke to my Yamaha dealer today and he said January 2006 ,I can expect

my bike .Whats up this year with the major delay on this model !!Come on

Yamaha ,you guys run the complete production run of this model in under

2 weeks !! So why the distribution delay ? Anyway it better be worth the

wait or I 'll buy 06 YZ 250 two stroke ! My 05 rips !

There's no way I'm buying a KTM !!

I feel for you brother! When Yami came out w/the YZF specs in June I was first in line for a 250F & 2nd for the 450F. I was pumped! Around that time my dealer told me that the 250F was due mid September a& the 450F in October. As Summer progressed the dates kept getting moved back farther & farther. The last contact I had was in late August and the 250F was due late October and the 450F w/my name on it late December. I ended up buying a CRF, but now I'm hearing that the first 250F won't be to this dealer until 2nd week in November. The (2nd) 450F/ late January early Feb. Yamaha really dropped the ball big time!

If you still have your '05 and are willing to wait, I think the '06 will be excellent. Howver if the $ is burning a hole in your pocket you can't go wrong w/the YZ 250 2 stroke. However, you better plan on keeping it awhile as the resale is horrible on 2 strokes. The minute they go out the door it's only worth $4K tops on the used bike market!

Assume $5K Cnd. All I know is that the market for used (let alone some new) 2 strokes is terrible regardless of modifications or hours. I know of a couple guys who bought 2005 YZ 250's last year. One guy had less than 20 hours on his bike & couldn't get an offer higher than $3500. If you have an older one forget it! You mine as well keep it.

It's a shame that it has come to this. There are some great 250 2 strokes out right now.

Well, my dealer just called today and mine is in transit and will be here in 10-14 days, so I have no idea why you have to wait so long.

I'm wondering if the west coast didn't get the 1st shipment and the east coast (Atlanta Center) is getting the 2nd??? No one on the east has even heard of theres yet.

Looks like the 06 4 strokes won't be out in australia till January aswell, spoke to my dealer 4 days ago.

Really?

What side of Australia are you on? I'm on the west coast, (Perth), and I have ordered the first YZ250F LE. It better be soon! lol.