Sign in to follow this  

New MX track in Asheville info

Here it is:

Victory Moto Cross

42 Barn Owl Rd (2 1/2 miles from Patton Ave)

$20 membership

$10 to ride

Practice Schedule:

Tue. 12:00 to 5:30

Sat. 10:00 to 4:00

Sun. 12:30 to 5:00

For directions call 828 252 6505

Just got all this at Harpers Yamaha this morning and thought I'd pass it on. Happy trails :banghead:

This sounds like the place that JCMINIS was talking about. Does anyone have more detailed directions, Barn Owl Road doesn’t come up in Mapquest? I think that I will try it out this weekend. If you look at the population density in that part of town, unfortunately I don’t see it lasting long.

Thanks

Mike

It is the track jcminis is talking about.Also the phone number is 252 -6506 not 6505.unfortanatly there are houses around but some of them are family we will see.barn owl rd should show up on mapquest but directions are wrong i learned the hard way.your best bet is to call and get directions i dont know the roads so i cant tell you.

Sorry guys but I just copied that info right off the flyer I got, must have been the wrong information. I did hear, and this might be incorrect too, that Barn Owl Rd. is off of Leisester Hwy. Maybe JC can jump in here and set us all straight.

JC here,,im gonna try to go on sunday,maby we could meet up at the ingles on patton ave?? Let me know...

phone # is 252-6506

I will know for sure tomorrow about sunday Im gonna call the owner in the morning and double check the track info,

barn owl rd IS off of leicester hwy but u gota take a few side roads to get there,its not directly off leic hwy,,,LATER JC

Rode there yesterday, it was fun. Fairly steep very tight, I could run a complete lap without shifting. He has some pretty good jumps, fast guys can air it out or old fat guys like me can roll them without too much problem. I think that he did a pretty good job considering what he had to work with. It is nice to se somebody make the effort to water and plow the track to get some decent dirt to ride on. I will definitely go back.

Thanks

Mike

Rode there yesterday, it was fun. Fairly steep very tight, I could run a complete lap without shifting. He has some pretty good jumps, fast guys can air it out or old fat guys like me can roll them without too much problem. I think that he did a pretty good job considering what he had to work with. It is nice to se somebody make the effort to water and plow the track to get some decent dirt to ride on. I will definitely go back.

Thanks

Mike

Thanks for the review Mike, I'm gonna try it out next weekend. :banghead:

gonna head up there this sunday,if the weathers decent,anyone want to meet up??

JC

Not sure when I can go but how about some detailed directions?

I was going to try to ride on tuesday but I could not get anyone on the phone to confirm that they were open. I am up for sunday for sure.

I used Yahoo maps, and barn owl rd came right up.

it looks like patton ave to 63, north on 63 a short distance and left on old country home , then left on cowan cove, then right on mckinnish cove rd, left on snowberry, then right on barn owl. is that about right? according to the map, all of those turns are within a couple miles.... I am assuming that the barn owl rd I saw was the right one?

That’s close. Once you are on Mckinnish cove road Barn Owl is about a quarter mile on the left. It is a dirt road next to a trailer park, and it has a road sign. After a few hundred yards the road forks, Snowberry goes left, and Barn Owl goes right. Take the right fork and go a few hundred more yards and you are there.

I am going to try to make it Sunday.

Thanks

Mike

Where patton ave meets leicester hwy theres an ingles,if you guys want i could meet u there if u want to follow someone in,i suck at directions so im not even gonna try,send me a pm if ya want if not ill see ya up there,,LATER JC

Where patton ave meets leicester hwy theres an ingles,if you guys want i could meet u there if u want to follow someone in,i suck at directions so im not even gonna try,send me a pm if ya want if not ill see ya up there,,LATER JC

Why don't we all meet at that Ingles around noon on Sunday, I'm good for it. :banghead:

sounds good I'll be in a dark green suburban with a couple of RMs,,,,

anyone else,,LATER JC

White Ford van, bike inside.

Yeah that was a nice little track. That double at the bottom by the old house I wasn't gonna get, but the big step-up in front was fun to try and I almost had it a time or two. Thanks for showing me the place JC, always good to meet some more TT-ers.

does anyone know if this track is still open? i called and left a message but never received a call back.