Sign in to follow this  

TR 270 Kit CRF250X 05

I should be getting my TR 270 kit this week and wondering if anyone has any advice on installing it. I would also like some feedback both good or bad on the performance of the TR 270 kit. I have a CRF 250X 05 and race GNCC and HS and looking for some extra hp to get me (200lb rider) up some of these slick muddy steep hills and is hoping that the TR 270 will do the job.

Yea, I have the 270 TR. I also have Hot Cam,FMF TI full system for the R model,but it will work on the X if you put a heat shield material around the water pump hose. My jetting is 172 main, 45 pilot and jd jetting needle. I also have removed the backfire screen and cut the air box, did the pink wire. This bike hauls. I had it on a dyno and it made more power and torque than my friends ktm 250sxf.

Yea, I have the 270 TR. I also have Hot Cam,FMF TI full system for the R model,but it will work on the X if you put a heat shield material around the water pump hose. My jetting is 172 main, 45 pilot and jd jetting needle. I also have removed the backfire screen and cut the air box, did the pink wire. This bike hauls. I had it on a dyno and it made more power and torque than my friends ktm 250sxf.

Yeah I gotta agree on the performance side of things. I recently installed one onto my 05 250r. I run the jemco exhaust, jd kit, blue needle 4th clip,172 main,42pilot. This thing runs like a raped ape. I cant beleive how 20cc makes that much diff. I enjoy it so much now I cant get off it.As far as reassembly thats easy I followd the hard break in procedure making sure the cyl is absolutley clean and everything just came together no probs :banghead: Iwould do it again in a heartbeat.best money spent to date.It must be the most fun bike this side of the black stump. :banghead: Interseting md614 I hav not tried the 45 pilot did you try the 42 if so what was the reason to go up one??

Thumper racing told me to run it. I think the bike starts better with it. One thing is I dont have to open the fuel screw up as much, but Im sure I would have probably been able to run the 42 just fine like yourself.