Sign in to follow this  

FCR diagram?

Ok i have just got myself an 04KTM 450exc with just 600 miles. Problem is i am getting a major hesitation from idle when i grab a handful, also the header pipe has now turned blue after just one ride and there is nearly a constant pop on decel. after trawling around this place i am thinking the bike is way too lean, i have seen a few posts on what the best setting is for the bike my problem is i am having troble putting what i read into practise. I have never touched a carb before so it is all new to me even down to which is the fuel screw and how to adjust the needle setting.

So i am wondering if anyone has a link or whatever with a "walk thru" pics or even a pic which shows where the fuel screw is and how i adjust the clip position. I think i know what to do, it is the doing it that is getting me :banghead: all i need is showing what bits to change :banghead:

go to www.sudco.com they have really good exploded diagrams of the carb you have.you should pm burned in the jetting forum,he'll know whats wrong.it sounds like a slow air jet(pilot jet) prob,but i'm probally wrong so pm burned.good luck :banghead:

Late model KTM's come very lean on the pilot jet. Yours is 42 I think. People I ride with go to 48. Not sure what other mods are done but James Dean (JD Jetting) makes a kit for it.

Late model KTM's come very lean on the pilot jet. Yours is 42 I think. People I ride with go to 48. Not sure what other mods are done but James Dean (JD Jetting) makes a kit for it.

Yes stock is a 42, any ideas what setup is best for my UK spec bike riding under 3000ft between 50 and 70 degree? :banghead: