Sign in to follow this  

YIPPEE !! TT MCCT has arrived

I'm not sure how this compares to the other versions but this appears to be quite well made with O-rings on both sides of the main piece . I do wonder why the adjusting nut is pinned on instead of a more permanant method ...Is there possibly a scientific reason behind it that I am not aware of ?

I'm not sure how this compares to the other versions but this appears to be quite well made with O-rings on both sides of the main piece . I do wonder why the adjusting nut is pinned on instead of a more permanant method ...Is there possibly a scientific reason behind it that I am not aware of ?

Differences between competing units:

Bitech:

1. Ours is available for sale

2. Ours is clear anodized

3. Ours is a more compact design for easier installation and less weight

APE

1. Ours uses an O-ring seal instead of an optional gasket

2. Ours uses a HQ stainless steel tensioner

3. Ours is less expensive

The end nut is pinned in place because it is easy, and quick.

If you are worried about it, get it tack welded, as Burned pointed out they have all been pinned. And other than a couple of reported failing's (which does not cause any real problems) they have been very reliable.

Neil. :banghead::banghead:🤣

still waiting :banghead:

ordered a couple of weeks ago with some other stuff. I feel I'm riding a time bomb but I keep riding it-I bought it to ride and everyday it gets older and uglier-dont know if Ill ever get married.

my dad and i ordered them last week, too. should be here sometime this week i would hope. i can't wait to put mine on, i'm getting nervous reading the "ACCT failure" posts.....

a roll pin is a permanat way of attaching parts. especially when the part recieves almost no torque and is threaded onto the other part.

Mine looks better than anticipated. Good work...again...fellas.

Just wanted to clarify that I wasn't trying to second guess the quality .... I believe it is a very nice piece of work actually and would definately reccomend it to anyone. It just struck me as a little differant to have the nut pinned like it is . just me overthinkin' :banghead:

Installed mine without problem. Make sure: (1) you have a 10mm hex to remove the crank bolt cover (2) you keep the bike level or are prepared for oil to spill from the crank bolt cover when you remove it.

I had to remove my midpipe/muffler (E model) and move that little black box (crankcase vent canister?) to get at the back bolt on the CCT.

Gee I've never seen that side of an MCCT before................... :banghead: I'm interested in the o ring side as it is different from the ape unit I have.

:banghead:

Rubber o-ring with the diameter around the size of a quarter seals between the MCCT and the case, instead of a flat paper gasket. This O-ring is recessed into a groove in the MCCT face; very nice. I'd take a pic, but it's already installed.

I was a little concerned about the low torque value for the bolts that hold the MCCT to the case (7 ft lbs), so I'm going to check those bolts periodically, which I suppose should be done anyway.