Sign in to follow this  

Old State House Trail?

Thinking about going there Saturday, 10-29. Has anyone ridden this 15 mile trail? If so, is it dirt or sand or a mix? Terrain hilly or flat? Any info is helpful. So far I've been to Leetsville, Gladwin, Leota, Tin Cup, The Mounds, and Lincoln Hills. I'm not crazy about deep sand due to my size(6'2",235 and dropping), and have found it much easier for me in the dirt rather than the sand. That said, which trails in the L.P. are the least sandy? My fav so far has been Lincoln Hills- lots of hills and twists with little sand, then Leetsville. Least fav was Gladwin- ALL sand and 14 miles of whoops. But all these trails are like sex, even the worst experience is still wonderful. Later...

I actually really like the old state house trails. There is some sand, but not a lot and not a lot of deep stuff. Only problem is there arent enough trails there. Usually we ride the loop 2 - 3 times and then go south of the river for a fast easy ride before hitting the bar.

Old State House was very recently graded. Seems like mostly sand from what I've run on that system, but most of it should be relatively whoop free for the moment.