Sign in to follow this  

Hatfield McCoy

I would like to know if the town of Man allows dirt bikes on the road if ins. and reg? I do not have lights.

The town of Man does not allow dirt bikes on the roads. I have known many riders to be pulled over by town cops. The town mayor resigned and the situation will probably get better. But if you ride the roads in Man anytime soon, you are taking a chance.

When did they start stopping people? I was up there in early June this year on the ATV's and we had no problems at all. There were quite a few riders going into town for gas and food.

ATV's they allow but not dirtbikes. If its ins. and reg that might be a different thing. Might want to give the ranger station a call and ask them. You will have a great trip! :banghead:

I rode down there between Man and Gilbert on the road (Yz 450f Motocross bike) with two guys on Kawasaki Quads. I heard ten different answers from the locals I questioned.

1) It's perfectly legal

2) It's legal for Quads but not Motocross bikes

3) It's technically illegal, but the cops usually don't bother you

4) If you are from out of town you can get away with murder (they want you to come back and help the local economy with your lodging, fuel, and food etc.)

All I can tell you is, we were riding just before Sundown and we didn't want to go back on the trail. So we rode the street from Man to Gilbert. We were doing about 45 mph, when here comes a Police car towards us.....we're thinking "Oh Sheet" were dead. The Police car went right on by us without blinking. So I would assume it was o.k.

Later I was told by a local rider that Gilbert is totally Dirt Bike and ATV friendly, but Man is only friendly to Quads. Something to do with having registration or some such.