Sign in to follow this  

Suzuki 1985 dr250 vave /cam setting

I RECENTLY REBUILT THE TOPEND ON MY DR250(F) 1985 AND I CAN'T FIND ANYONE WHO KNOWS THE PROPER VALVE SETTING CAM POSITIONING ON IT.ALTHOUGH I'VE DONE SEVERAL OTHER BRAND TOP ENDS,THIS ONE IS DRIVING ME BATTY :banghead: IT HAS NEW VALVES,ROCKERS,PINS,CHAIN ,CAM,CAM GEAR,SEALS,PISTON KIT,CYLINDER DOWELS,BORED 10 OVER,CAM CHAIN TENSIONER AND CHAIN FOLLOW GUIDES. I ORDERED THE MANUAL ,BUT WAS TOLD IT WOULD BE 2 MONTHS OR MORE! NO LOCAL SHOPS ARE WILLING TO GET YOU THIS INFO...I UNDERSTAND..THEY NEED TO MAKE A LIVING.

I KNOW WERE THE T MARK IS ON THE FLYWHEEL AND CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG ,BUT THE CAM SHAFT HAS THE 2 SCRIBED LINES ,WHICH SHOULD BE PARRALEL TO THE HEAD (LOBES AWAY FROM ROCKERS).ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

THANX,

GUSCYCLE

I have the shop manual for the 82 DR 250, not really sure if they are the same. ( I do not have it in front of me) but I maybe able to scan a page or two for you and let you know. interested??

Ragracer,

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT..THERE IS SOMEONE WHO IS INTERESTED IN HELPING ME OUT :banghead: !!!!!!!!!! I'VE PROBALY SPENT ENOUGH IN PHONE CALLS TO DEALERS TO PURCHASE MORE THAN 3 MANUALS.EVEN THE DEALER I HAVE SPENT THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WITH WOULDN'T GIVE ME THE TIME OF DAY FOR JUST A TIDBIT OF INFO.I WON'T BE DOING BUSINESS WITH THEM NO MORE!

I JUST WANT TO SAY THANX FOR EVEN RESPONDING! AND IF YOU CAN GET SOME INFO FROM YOUR 82, I'D GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!

THANX AGAIN,

GUSCYCLE